Sunday, September 6, 2009

Holy God

Sunday, September 6, 2009 (6:30 a.m.)

Most Dear and Holy God,

Thank You for being all the things You are. Dear. Holy. Faithful. Trustworthy. Lord. God. Almighty. “Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty! Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee; Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty! God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!” (Revelation 4:8)

Perfect. Provider. Merciful. Mighty. Loving. Pure. Eternal. Adored. Loved. Blessed. Words to consider. Words to attempt to describe. “Lord, You are more precious than silver. Lord, You are more costly than gold. Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds, and nothing I desire compares with You.” (Proverbs 3:14-15)

Blessed Lord, I read Your Word and I am blessed. I call out to You and I find peace and hope. I look to You and I am reminded “Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face, And the things of earth will grow strangely dim In light of His glory and grace.”

You are where I long to look Dear Lord! “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus…” (Hebrews 12:2) “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen…” (2Corinthians 4:18) “You of little faith” (Matthew 14:31)

I tend to focus on the latest problem, NOT on the solution. I’m much more likely to feel hopeless than hopeful. Remind me Dearest Lord that “You were, You are and You are to come” (Revelation 4:8). You are holy, holy. And I am to trust that You are enough!

Thank You Lord. Thank You for reminding me that You are indeed ENOUGH! Use this day for Your good and for Your glory and use me as You will in it’s process.

I love You Lord. Amen.

(284 words ~ 7:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment