Wednesday, September 23, 2009

remind

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 (5:44 a.m.)

Holy Lord,

Blessed Father. Thank You. You draw my thoughts to You each morning. You remind me of Your love for each of us.

Thank You that we get to come before You exactly as we are Lord. Your Word serves to remind me that it is You and Your Holy Spirit that will “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me” (Psalm 51:10). Thank You that I don’t have to work harder and faster to make anything happen. No. I get to come before You “Just As I Am without one plea But that Thy blood was shed for me”. Mm God, thank You.

Thank You that I get to breathe in deeply of Your Holy Spirit. Thank You God that everywhere I have turned in Your Word this morning points me back to Your Spirit. Even to sing “Breathe on me Breath of God, Fill me with life anew, That I may love what Thou dost love, And do what Thou wouldst do” helps remind me that all our blessings come from You. John 20:22, “He breathed on them as said, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit.’”

Thank You Lord. Thank You that Jesus said “But when the Father sends the Counselor as my representative – and by the Counselor I mean the Holy Spirit – he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I myself have told you” (John 14:26). As if all this were not already enough, the very next verse (27) offers us even more strength and hope. “I am leaving you with a gift – peace of mind and heart! And the peace I give isn’t fragile like the peace the world gives. So don’t be troubled or afraid.” Once again You remind us not to be afraid.

Father, in this world we WILL have trouble! John 16:33 speaks clearly of that. Thank You that Jesus didn’t leave us in that truth alone. No. The rest of the verse helps remind us to “take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Lord, thank You that I get to keep coming back to where Your mercies are made fresh every day (Lamentations 3:23). I love You so much Dear Lord. Continue to remind me of Your blessings and Your power. You who commanded Ezekiel to speak to a valley of dry bones (37:1) and call to the wind (9) that theses slain bodies would live again.

Lord, it’s You who is able to cleanse us from our sins (Ezekiel 26:33). It is Your ‘gracious provision of forgiveness and restoration’ that enables us to hope and believe Your words in verses 25-27. “Then it will be as though I had sprinkled clean water on you, for you will be clean – your filthiness will be washed away, your idol worship gone. And I will give you a new heart – I will give you new and right desires – and put a new spirit within you. I will take out your stony hearts of sin and give you new hearts of love. And I will put my Spirit within you so that you will obey my laws and do what I command.”

Keep working in me oh Lord. Continue drawing me near. Remind me this day of the love You have for each of us. That love which enables me to seek to love You with all my heart and soul and mind and strength (Mark 12:30). Remind me dear Lord. Remind me. Amen.

(593 words ~ 7:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment