Wednesday, September 9, 2009

numbers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 (6:22 a.m.)

Holy God,

10:10, 2:12, 4:44, 6 a.m. Not the most restful night’s sleep. But now I’m here with You and it’s 09/09/09 and instead of talking with You about ‘freedom’ like I thought I would, I’m in Acts (11:21, 24, 26) reading about ‘numbers’ instead.

Lord, You never cease to amaze me! How I thank You for the freedom You are providing that enables me to become the woman You created me to be. Freedom to fully enjoy, accept and appreciate this unexplained, seemingly odd interest in numbers that I have. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that I get to explore. Right now, looking into ‘The New Church in Antioch’ I’m able to learn that “When Gentiles in the Greek city of Antioch turn to Christ in great numbers, the Jerusalem believers accept the movement as a work of God.” (The Bible Handbook) How incredible I find the previously mentioned verses, “The power of the Lord was upon them, and large numbers of these Gentiles believed and turned to the Lord.” (21) “Barnabas was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and strong in faith. And large numbers of people were brought to the Lord.” (24) “When he (Barnabas) found him (Paul) he (Barnabas) brought him (Paul) back to Antioch. Both of them stayed there with the church for a full year, teaching great numbers of people. (It was there at Antioch that the believers were first called Christians [‘little Christs’ according to The Bible Handbook].)” (26)

Oh, but let me not exclude verse 23! “When he (Barnabas) arrived and saw the wonderful things God was doing, he (Barnabas) was filled with excitement and joy, and encouraged the believers to stay close to the Lord, whatever the cost.”

Lord! I want to be a person like that! The Living Bible uses these words to describe him (Barnabas :) “a kindly person, full of the Holy Spirit and strong in faith.” Oh my goodness God! What could be a better epitath!

How I ask You Dear Lord, to continue molding and making me into a woman after Your own heart. One who accepts things as “a work of God”. A woman who has “the power of the Lord” upon her. “A kindly person, full of the Holy Spirit and strong in faith.” One who is able to see ‘the wonderful things God is doing… filled with excitement and joy, encouraging others to stay close to the Lord, whatever the cost.’

Oh yes, Dear Lord! Make it so! I love You Lord. (And thank You for this unexplained, seemingly odd fascination I have with numbers.) Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(448 words ~ 7:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment