Thursday, September 10, 2009

attitude

Thursday, September 10, 2009 (5:22 a.m.)

Most Holy Awesome God,

Thank You Lord! Thank You that I get to wake up recognizing (and singing) “This is the day, this is the day That the Lord hath made, that the Lord hath made We will rejoice, we will rejoice And be glad in it And be glad in it This is the day That the Lord hath made We will rejoice and be glad in it This is the day this is the day That the Lord hath made.” Yes Lord. This IS the day that You have made! (Psalm 118:24)

And that’s where I started to wonder. How is it Lord that we can make the decision to “rejoice and be glad in it”? The answer is You!

Oh Lord, You are so good. Bringing to You ourselves, just as we are. (“Without one plea, but that Thy blood was shed for me…”) Lord, I love what You are capable of!

I start off singing one song, wondering how to accomplish it. I look into Your Word (Ephesians 4:23) and am commanded “to be made new in the attitude of your minds”. I dig deeper and am reminded of the inner war that each of us faces on a regular basis.

Lord, I look to You and my mind almost bursts with the energy a Patti LaBelle song has just started singing in my head. “I’m feelin’ good from my head to my shoes Know where I’m goin’ and I know what to do I tidied up my point of view I got a new attitude…”

All this because You are a good and righteous God. And Your loving kindness begins afresh each day (Lamentations 3:23b). THIS day. That You have made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Thank You Lord. Thank You for this “new attitude”. I love You Lord. Let me serve You well this day. Amen.

(321 words ~ 7:50 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment