Friday, September 11, 2009

remembering

Friday, September 11, 2009 (4:55 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

It’s that date again. That day we need not forget. And I forgot. Coming in here this morning I wanted to talk with You about balance and household things. In remembering the date, my focus changed immediately.

Dearest Lord, as I sit here remembering terror, fear and lives lost I rejoice in remembering a moment when party lines were dropped and political leaders joined together in singing, “God Bless America” on the Capitol steps.

As tears roll down my cheeks O Lord, while thinking of our son walking his way out of The City that day, Dear Lord again I choose to thank You. (1 Thessalonians 5:18 “Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”) Thank You for the remembering of a former New Yorker calling to predict how the people of New York would band together in helping one another. And they did, exactly as she had described.

Lord God, as I watch the sky change from almost pure black to breathtakingly beautiful, again I thank You Lord. Thank You for Your provision and Your protection. Thank You for Your plan. Thank You for Your love, Your mercy. Your grace.

Lord, sometimes remembering is easier than others. As a nation today Dear Lord, let us remember Your goodness. You are a good and mighty God. 2 Chronicles 7:14 tells us, “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”

As each of us goes about remembering this day in our own way, let us remember YOU Dear Lord! “God of wonders, beyond our galaxy You are holy, holy The universe declares Your majesty You are holy, holy Lord of heaven and earth…”

I love You so much Dear Lord. Thank You for this time of remembering. Use me today as You desire. Make me acutely aware of Your presence and Your leading. I long to experience this day on Your terms. Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me according to Your will Oh Lord. I love You. Amen.

(376 words ~ 6:50 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment