Wednesday, March 22, 2023

yet another song

 Wednesday, March 22, 2023 (6:59 a.m.)

Thank You God!


Sleep. Rest. Music in my mind.


Yes. So much music. And all these smiles.


Father, thank You. Singing snippets of so many different songs. Each leading me to thinking more about You.


♪This Is the Day♪ (Psalm 118:24). It IS Lord! You have made it and I am to rejoice and be glad in it. Thank You for leading and guiding us.


I look to You Dear Lord. In the dark of the very early morning. When my mind begins waking up. Thank You for bringing my thoughts back to You.


Thank You for the many times I consider You in the music that seemingly appears so randomly. ♪Listen. Listen♪ echoed much earlier.


Looking into the lyrics I find the title is ♪Don’t Talk♪ How important it is for me to not talk!. And just listen for signs of Your presence.


Yesterday, I started telling You that I wanted You to continue working in me. No sooner had the thought begun and it ended in yet another song. ♪I want YOU to Show me the Way♪ I really do Dear Lord!


Even in recalling that time with You, here came ♪I Can Hear Music♪ Thank You Father. Every time I least expect it, there’s more music for me to “hear” in my mind.


Remembering a simple encounter from the other day I am again smiling. When asked in passing how I was, I immediately answered, “I’m great!” Taking only a few steps further up the staircase I smiled bigger as I realized that was only half of how I was feeling.


I wasn’t just great. I was, I AM, grateful! Saying it while chuckling out loud I became acutely aware that I want that to be my response. No matter the circumstances, I want to be ready and able to say I am grateful. In all things! (1 Thessalonians 5:18).


Not only grateful. I want to be rejoicingly GLAD (Psalm 118:24b)!


Spelling out Your Word here so I can remember it:


Grateful (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Looking (Matthew 6:33)

And

Delighted (Psalm 37:4)


You have so very much to teach me Lord. I look to You. Your will. Your way. Expecting You to show them to me. In Your good time.


Keep singing to me I ask (Matthew 7:7). Using me as You know is best. I love, need, want and trust You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(414 words ~ 8:31 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment