Friday, March 24, 2023

clay jars

Thursday, March 23, 2023 (7:44 a.m.)

Blessed Lord God,


It’s a brand new day. Rife with possibilities. I want You in every single aspect of all my choosing.


Thank You Father that You are teaching me! Calling me to Gratefully Look to You And be Delighted (Psalm 118:24).


In all things You allow us choices. I want to choose wisely Lord. How I will spend the time, treasures and talents You have provided us.


How perfect that You have led me this morning to 2 Corinthians 4:7. Yes Father, thank You!


“We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.” Amen to that!


We are weak. You are strong. We get to choose to let You have Your way in, with, by, through and for us. That is what I am asking today Lord.


There is a LOT to be done around here. Most is optional. I am seeking Your leading and guiding.


Oh yes Dearest God! Reading in Illustrated Bible Handbook I find this section of Second Corinthians labeled “Chapter 4. Confidence Clay Jars; 4:1-12Never Lose Heart; 4:13-18.” It IS in Your Word we find Truth! Reminding us to “fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary and what is unseen is eternal” (18).


Yes. Yes! Oh, heck yes!!!


The Life Recovery Bible comment for Mark 11:20-25 states, “God wants us to pray for His will to be done in our life as much as He wants us to pray for fruitfulness in His Kingdom work. It is God’s will, however…God has the power to do miracles… The God of the Kingdom and of recovery is the God of the impossible.”


It doesn’t stop here. No. It builds to a powerful conclusion.


“If we want God to work a miracle of healing in our life, we must pray and believe that He will. We need to admit our helplessness and put our life into God’s hands. He will then walk with us as we face each new step in recovery.”

(9:52 a.m.)


With all the possibilities that this day holds, I want to wrap it all up with Your Word. Praying Matthew 11:24-25 right back to you.


“I [Jesus speaking] tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.”


Mm. Believe. Receive. Forgive first! Yes.


And here’s the reminder of what I woke up singing! ♪I don’t wanna abuse Your grace God, I need it every day It’s the only thing that ever really Makes me wanna change

(12:58 p.m.)


It’s so true blessed God. ♪Your forgiveness Is like sweet, sweet honey on my lips Like the sound of a symphony to my ears It’s like Holy Water


Yes Father! I am forgiven that I will in turn forgive. Continue Your work in us I ask (Matthew 7:7) Dear Lord.


I love, need, trust and want you. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(562 words ~ 1:46 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment