Saturday, March 4, 2023

so very blessed

 Saturday, March 4, 2023 (5:46 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. You are good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. Loving. Kind. Generous. And we are blessed. So very blessed.


Teach us Dearest God how You would have us use these blessings. And here’s the smile.


Proverbs 8:32-36. The Voice. “So now listen to me, my children: those who live by my ways will find true happiness. Pay attention, dare to be wise, and don’t disregard my teachings. The one who listens to me, who carefully seeks me in everyday things and delays action until my way is apparent, that one will find true happiness. For when he recognizes and follows me, he finds a peaceful and satisfying life and receives favor from the Eternal. But heed my warning: the one who goes against me will only hurt himself, for all who despise me are playing with fire and courting death.”

(6:29 a.m.)

Oh Lord. Even here I pause in wonder. I want to get this right.


At first reading, I’m thinking it’s You talking to us. Further examination reveals it as Solomon praising wisdom.


Digging deeper I read a commentary that honestly scares me. At first I found myself nodding my head in agreement. Reading just a little more, I find red flag warnings all over their beliefs.


Father God, I am asking (Matthew 7:7) You to keep me in YOUR teachings!


(7:04 a.m.)


Listening and Doing James’ (1:19-22a) words to Jewish believers. Written to urge “the believers to live out their faith in ways that honor God” (Illustrated Bible Handbook). Yes Lord! I want to listen to You. And do as You know is best.


“Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires. So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls. But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says.”


Yes Father. Continue Your work in making me able to live as You would have me (Proverbs 16:9).


Lead and guide me Dearest God. I love You. I need, trust and want You as Lord of my life.


Live in me this day. Shining through that others see who I am in You! Fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14).


Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Amen.

(421 words ~ 7:20 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment