Wednesday, March 15, 2023

"Our Father..."

 Monday, March 13, 2023 (5:33 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You. I woke up with a prompting. The Lord’s Prayer. “Our Father…” Thank You Lord.


Thank You that we get to come before You. Confused. Wondering. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). And You supply. Fulfill. Meet our every need.


This morning, examining Matthew 6:9-13. Illustrated Bible Handbook. THE KINGDOM ATTITUDE attributed to The Lord’s Prayer. So much to consider With two intertwining songs.


Forgive me Lord. ♪Dreadlock Holiday♪ and ♪Tubthumping♪ seemingly have nothing to do with the fine art of thanking and praising You. Oh, but the smile the beats bring to my face are immediate. Thank You.


Thank You that yesterday I heard a simplistic explanation of forgiveness. “Giving up the right to be right.” Lord God, I love You! Thank You for this privilege.


Another notable quote. “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.”


Words can have such power. Which takes me right back to the breakdown of Jesus’ well known example of prayer.


“Our Father…             ~ Affirms personal relationship with God.

in heaven…     ~ Recognizes Him as Lord over all.

Hallowed be Your name...  ~ Honors God as living, powerful, real.

Your kingdom come…     ~ Accepts God’s right to rule in our lives.

Your will be done on     ~ Submits completely to God’s will now as

 earth as it is in heaven…         guide to life on earth.

Give us this day our     ~ Recognizes God’s involvement in our daily

 daily bread…                  experiences, supply of our needs.

Forgive us our debts, as     ~ Expresses readiness to live as a forgiving

 we also have forgiven…          and forgiven people.

Lead us not into     ~ Asks protection from the trials always

 temptation, but deliver          associated with establishing God’s

 us from evil.          kingdom on earth.”


Most Dear and Blessed, Holy Father God, the more I learn the less I realize I actually know. Thank You for Your work in each and every single one of us.


I ask You to continue doing all You know is best that we will come to glorify and enjoy You this day. And forever!


You are good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. Generous. Faithful. Forgiving. Kind. Merciful. And I want to reflect You. Fully. Use me. I love You. Amen.


(377 words ~ 7:17 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment