Thursday, March 30, 2023

rooted and grounded

 Thursday, March 30, 2023 (5:16 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You! You bless us. You keep us. You make Your face smile upon us. Yes Lord. You are gracious to us. You turn Your face toward us and give us peace (Numbers 6:24-26). Thank You that You do.


Lord, we love You. We want to serve You in ways that honor and glorify You.


I’m asking You to continue Your work in bringing our thoughts, word and actions to You (Colossians 3:16-17). Taking every thought captive (2 Corinthians 10:5).


Yes Lord, I want to live this day, which You have made, rejoicing and being glad in it (Psalm 118:24). Following Your lead. Rooted and grounded in Your Word (Colossians 2:6-7).


Father, the desire of my heart is to represent You well. Truly leaning into and depending on Your leading and guiding.


I believe what Your Word says. I want to live this day trusting and depending on its Truth. Rooted and grounded that I will not be swayed.


Do all You must that I will fully utilize Your “mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments” (2 Corinthians 10:4). Putting on Your full armor (Ephesians 6:10-20) before going out into the day.


Yes Lord. Root and ground me in the Truth and power of Your Word. I want to be strong in Your mighty power (v.10). Standing firm against the strategies of the devil (11). Putting on every piece of Your armor (13).


I want to wear Your belt of Truth and breastplate of righteousness (14). Putting on shoes that make me ready to share Your gospel of peace (15).

(7:26 a.m.)


Wanting to live this day in, with, by, through and for the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10), I ask You Lord (Matthew 7:7). Train me in “hold[ing] up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the evil one” (v. 16).


Teach me Dear Lord to surrender thoughts that don’t line up with Your Word. Wearing the helmet of salvation, I want to think the thoughts that will bring glory to You.


And finally, the sword of Your Spirit “which is the Word of God” (17). I want to know Your Word that I will be able to use it effectively. Efficiently. For Your good and Your glory.


I love You God. I need, trust and want You. Root and ground me in You and Your Word that I will stand as You would have me. Thank You. Praise You.


(445 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment