Saturday, March 18, 2023

truly smiling

 Saturday, March 18, 2023 (5:48 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You! Really, truly, honestly, wholeheartedly… thank You! I’ve been struggling with my thoughts. My feelings. My hopes. My dreams. Refusing them mostly. And avoiding them even more.


The smiles on my face and in my heart right now are as real as they can get. Each representing the genuine joy Your love and forgiveness affords us.


Waking to so many different songs. Realizing I was truly smiling. What joy! Such gratitude.


Father, I confess my various attempts to manufacture joy. Thank You for yesterday’s encouragement to WANT to “rejoice and be glad” (Psalm118:24). That’s all I did. Acknowledged the want to! You provided the rest.


The absolute beauty of the day. Gorgeous clear blue sky with puffy white clouds. Early morning adventures. And smiles galore.


You also reminded me of the importance of forgiveness. “Giving up the right to be right.” What freedom is found in forgiveness! Thank You for the reminder Dearest Dad.


With all the things I don’t know or understand, You sang clearly to my soul just earlier. ♪Seek Ye First the kingdom of God And His righteousness And all these things shall be added unto you - Allelu, alleluia!♪ (Matthew 6:33).


Mm, yes.


An opening to my heart came over me as I considered the freedom we have in You. I don’t have to try and protect myself. You will do that for me. Every single time I let You.

(7:00 a.m.)


Father, I want to live this day. In You. With You. By You. Through You. And for You. Asking (Matthew 7:7) and allowing You to ♪Have Thine Own Way, Lord! Have Thine own way! Thou art the Potter; (Isaiah 64:8) I am the clay. Mold me and make after Thy will, While I am waiting, yielded and still♪


Continue the work You are doing on our behalves. Changing us into the loving, giving and forgiving people You would have us be. ‘Kind, helpful, tender-hearted [compassionate, understanding], forgiving one another [readily and freely]. Just as God is Christ also forgave’ (Ephesians 4:32).


Thank You Lord for Your faithfulness. Always calling us to forgive. Giving up our right to be right. Freely. Readily. Completely. No strings attached.


♪God, I’m on my knees again God, I’m begging please again I need You Oh, I need You Walking down these desert roads Water for my thirsty soul I need You Oh, I need You Your forgiveness Is like sweet, sweet honey on my lips Like the sound of a symphony Like Holy Water on my skin♪


Thank You for singing to me in so many ways Dearest Lord. I love You. I need, trust and want You. Thank You for inviting and allowing us to come seek You. First!


Thank You for being our Shepherd (Psalm 23:1a) and providing our every single need (1b). Continue reminding us of all Your Truth and promises. As You have taught us to pray [and sing] ♪Our Father, which art in heaven…♪ (Matthew 6:9).


Use us. As You alone know is best. Living. Breathing. Forgiving. Enjoying. I love You. Thank You. ♪Amen, amen, amen, amen, amen♪

(535 words ~ 7:45 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment