Monday, March 27, 2023

The One

 Monday, March 27, 2023 (6:34 a.m.)

Blessed Holy God,


Thank You for being my Shepherd (Psalm 23:1). The One who keeps me from fearing (Isaiah 41:10). The One in whom we live and move and have our being (Acts 17:28).


Thank You that even before opening my eyes this morning I had the genuine desire to write out what I remembered of Psalm 23. Thank You for available paper and pencil. And legible, in the dark writing.


“The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want

He maketh me lie down in the green pastures

He leadeth me beside the still waters

He restoreth my soul He leadeth me on paths

Of righteousness for His namesake

Yea though I walk through the valley

shadow of death I shall fear no evil Thy rod and thy staff

they comfort me

Thou preparest a table for me in the sight of mine

enemies. Thou anointest my head with oil My 

[cup] runneth over

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow

me all the days of my life And shall dwell in the 

house of the Lord forever.”


Thank You Lord that when it comes to things for me to dwell on in the middle of the night, You are teaching me to focus on Your Word! Let’s see how close I came.


Line by line in King James Version. First miss? It’s not the green pastures. Next? It’s in the paths of righteousness. Namesake is actually name’s sake.


Forgotten was of the shadow… It’s will, not shall fear no evil. Completely omitted was for Thou art with me. This, Dear Lord, is a vital phrase for me to always remember! For Thou art with me. Yes!


In this translation, You preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies. Cup, while thought, didn’t get written down. And I will [not shall] dwell in the house of the LORD forever.


Lord God, thank You for the genuine desire to learn Your Word. Truly I want to come to meditating on it day and night (Psalm 1:2). You have brought me to the love of Your teachings (Easy-to-Read Version).


Father, I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to continue Your work in us. Leading, guiding, teaching, blessing (Numbers 6:24-26) us as only You are able.


We love You Lord. We need, trust and want You. Use us as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(413 words ~ 8:37 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment