Saturday, March 25, 2023

so many Psalms

 Saturday, March 25, 2023 (7:16 a.m.)

Father God,


I am teary eyed. Unsure why. Songs keep coming. And with them? More tears form.


♪The 23rd Psalm♪ started it off. Followed by ♪The Lord’s Prayer♪ Then? The Beach Boys’ ♪I’m Waiting for the Day♪ and ♪Don’t Talk♪

(7:40 a.m.)

Lord, I love You. Thank You that I do.


I’m confessing the tearfulness because I don’t understand it. Thank You for reminding me that just earlier I was singing of this being the day that You have made (Psalm 118:24a). And the importance of rejoicing and being glad in it (v. 24b).

(9:07 a.m.)


Coming back to You and Your Word, I look further into joy and gladness. Thank You Lord. The weepiness seems to have abated. I am thankful to You for that as well.


Wanting to learn more about rejoicing and being glad I turn to Psalm 100. I fully “Acknowledge that the LORD is God! We are His people, the sheep of His pasture” (v. 2).


Thank You that this Truth takes me right back to where I started so much earlier. “Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need!” (Psalm 23:1).


Lord, I am asking (Matthew 7:7) You to teach me more about the depth of meaning and Truth found in this beloved psalm. There are so many versions.


(10:24 a.m.)


I confess to not knowing this entire (23rd) Psalm by heart. I’ve been searching all this time. Wanting to find the tune and translation that I could learn to sing.


Not finding it I finally come to You presenting my desire. Lord, do all You must that I will be able to memorize these vitally important six verses from Your Word of Truth and promises.


First in the King James Version. And one day, International Children’s Bible.


“The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want (v.1).


“He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters (2).


“He restoreth my soul; He leadeth me in the paths of rigtheousness for His name’s sake (3).


“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me (4).


“Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over (5).


“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever (6 KJV).”


What comforting word pictures form here in my mind. Thank You Father.


Using more modern language, I understand the Children’s Bible more easily. I look to You in helping me learn Lord.


“The Lord is my Shepherd. I have everything I need (1).


“He gives me rest in green pastures. He leads me to calm water (2).


“He gives me new strength. For the good of His name, He leads me on paths that are right (3).


“Even if I walk through a very dark valley, I will not be afraid because You are with me. Your rod and Your Shepherd’s staff comfort me (4).


“You prepare a meal for me in front of my enemies. You pour oil of blessing on my head. You give me more than I can hold (5).


“Surely Your goodness and love will be with me all my life. And I will live in the house of the Lord forever” (6).


Yes. Yes. Yes, Father! It is Your Truth I want to have in my heart, soul, mind and strength. That I will truly meditate on it day and night (Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1:2).


I love, need, trust and want You in every single aspect of my life. Use me this day that You have made. Exactly as You know is best. Rejoicing and being glad in it (Psalm 118:24b). And in You!


Thank You for this extended time to be here with You. Amen.


(683 words ~ 11:26 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment