Tuesday, March 7, 2023

what matters most

 Tuesday, March 7, 2023 (6:40 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You. You just reminded me again of what matters most. You do! Your Word. Your Truth. Your love. And one of our greatest importances is staying connected to You.


I lost sight of that yesterday. I chose various activities over returning to my time with You. I had every opportunity of literally reaching for Your Word. It was right there with me. And I picked up the Sunday funnies and puzzles instead.


Forgive me Father. Fear of the unknowns has again risen to the front of my consciousness. Thank You that FAITH and trust in You supersedes all else. Your Truth matters more than anything.


Lord God, I can’t thank You enough for Your presence in our lives. Every single time I mistakenly think it’s up to me to be and do enough on my own, Your Truth reminds me of the importance of being connected to You.


I ran out of nice yesterday. I heard myself say it out loud. I don’t remember ever being fully aware of that happening before. Thank You God for reminding me first thing this morning of the disconnect from You that led to this very thing.


In and of myself I do NOT have the patience or kindness to handle any circumstance. It’s only in, with, by, through and for You that Your Holy Spirit is able to control our lives. Producing the fruit of Your spirit which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).


♪Your forgiveness♪ I started singing about it yesterday. Taking the lyrics and Your Word with me. Thank You for allowing me to return to Your Truth every single time I realize how far away I have drifted.


Thank You for speaking plainly enough for my heart to hear You ♪God, I’m on my knees again God, I’m begging please again I need You… I don’t wanna abuse Your grace God, I need it every day It’s the only thing that ever really Makes me wanna change Your forgiveness… is like Holy Water on my skin♪


Thank You God! Your forgiveness. Your mercy. Your grace. Your glory. Your goodness. Your greatness. Keep me connected to You this day. Making me able to “Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of malicious behavior. Instead be[ing] kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another [including myself!] just as God through Christ has forgiven me” (Ephesians 4:31-32).


Blessed Glorious Holy Father God, I love, need, trust, and want You as Lord of my life. Do all You must that I will live this day to the fullest. In, with, by, through and for You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(469 words ~ 7:57 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment