Tuesday, September 1, 2020

gratitude ~ 8/31/20

Monday, August 31, 2020 (6:50 a.m.)

Holy God,


It’s the very last day of another month and I’m working on being grateful. Some days are so much easier than others. Let gratitude be my goal for this day.


Mm, yes Lord. Gratitude. “the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return to kindness” Yes, yes Lord! Teach me more!


Thank You that we have Your Word in which to turn, focus and stand upon. Yes Father.


My thoughts take me all over the place. Far too often they appear more negative than positive. Thank You that turning in Your Word I am reminded of Your goodness. Your grace. Your mercy. And provisions.


Reading in Isaiah, I am again reminded that the prophet told the people of Judah of their sin and denial to spur them into rebuilding their lives built on Your promises. While it is rarely easy to face the truth about ourselves it does bring healing. Thank You Lord.


While turning to chapter 29, verse 24 I stopped at the brackets I have surrounding 26:3. “You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, whose thoughts are fixed on You!” The Life Recovery Bible comment for this verse reminds us that “when we learn to work through the past and fix our thoughts on the Lord, we can receive His perfect peace.”


That’s what I did with my scattered thoughts throughout the night. Kept bringing them back to You. Calling on the name of Jesus. Thank You God.


We are told in The Message “Those who get off-track will get back on-track, and complainers and whiners learn gratitude” (Isaiah 29:24). Let that be me Holy God! Help me learn genuine gratitude. To become truly, readily grateful.


I love You Father. I need You. I want desperately to be the woman You created me to be. One who ‘is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs with no fear of the future’ (Proverbs 31:25). Yes Lord.


Do all You must to this end. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(352 words ~ 8:09 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment