Thursday, September 10, 2020

hungering and thirsting

Tuesday, September 8, 2020 (6:26 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


I’ve been doing it again. Whining while I wish things to be different than they are. This is nowhere near whistling while I work. Or praying while I plan. No. Just whining. And wishing.


This is where I thank You! Praise You. Worship and adore You. Yes Father. Last night I sought rest from my busy mind and found Matthew 5:6.


Your Truth was the counterbalance to my thoughts. Thank and praise You Father. There is a spark stirring inside me. With all of the fires burning around us Lord I hazard to use this analogy.

(8:12 a.m.)

And here I am. Back again. For more. So much more!


Father, You bless us so profusely when we take our minds off that which we think we want. And put it back where it so perfectly belongs. On You. Your will. Your way.


Holy, Holy God,

(8:30 a.m.)

Yes! Holy, HOLY God! We have starts and stops. Unexpected interruptions. And just plain old distractions. Thank You that I get to take You with me wherever I go.


You are good Lord. You are my hope. Our strength. Our Truth.


Turning again to Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount, I am asking You to teach me what it is You’d have me take into this day. Different words have come from variations translations. The most exciting for me this morning? Toowayhon.


An Aramaic word meaning “enriched, happy, fortunate, delighted, blissful, content, blessed.” It also implies “great happiness, prosperity, abundant goodness, and delight!” (The Passion Translation footnote).


“The word bliss captures all of this meaning. Toowayhon means to have the capacity to enjoy union and communion with God. Because the meaning of the word goes beyond merely being ‘blessed,’ the translation uses different phrases for each of the Beatitudes.”


Holy, Holy God 


No comments:

Post a Comment