Thursday, September 10, 2020

standing firm

Thursday, September 10, 2020 (4:57 a.m.)

Holy God,


I am looking to You. We have a huge technological challenge. Glitchy. That’s the word!


Thank You Father that You are never prone to glitches. You are neither sudden nor temporary. You don’t malfunction. Yes. Father, thank You that You are constant.


Mm, yes. You stand firm. Constant.

(10:02 a.m.)


There are so many things Dear Lord. Distractions. Serious events. Drama. Danger. It all looks so bleak and bad. And then we get to look again to You. Your Word. And mine [excavate] for hope. Thank You Father.


Last night I was tasked with finding six words [in 60 seconds] that depict my life. I considered myself a failure for drawing a blank. This morning I considered instead what I am in You: Prayerful. Accepting. Believing. Challenged. Eternal. Good-doer.


Lord, You are so very good. As I continue replaying our blessings, I offer You more and more gratitude. Often I have to remind myself of the abundant blessings You provide. Continuously.


Reading Your Word settles my thinking. Realigns me with Your goodness. How I thank and praise You for Who and All You are.


While the computer was behaving far more glitch-like, I wrote out these words:


glitch - sudden, usually temporary malfunction or irregularity of equipment; unexpected setback in a plan.


glitchy - prone to glitches


Thank You Father that we can trust You at Your Word. Reading snippets of Matthew 5:10 in various translations I find my own resolve standing just a little firmer.


AMP: Blessed ~ comforted by inner peace and God’s love ~ and happy

AMPC: enviably fortunate and spiritually prosperous (in the state in which the born-again child of God enjoys and finds satisfaction in God’s favor and salvation, regardless of his outward conditions) are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake (for being and doing right), for theirs is the kingdom of heaven!

CEB: harassed for being righteous

EXB: doing good [what’s right; the sake of righteousness]

GW: doing what God approves of

GNT: do what God requires

ICB: treated badly for doing good are happy

TPT: bear the wounds for doing what is right


Holy Father God, as I follow You down this path of seeking to learn more about hungering and thirsting for righteousness (Matthew 5:6) I ask You Lord to do all You must in having me put it into practice. I love You Lord. And I truly long to do right. To be a good-doer!


You alone are God. You know Your plans. I trust You Lord. With my entire life and those of my loved ones. Bless them each as You know is perfect. Thank You Father. Praise You. Amen.

(453 words ~ 10:56 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment