Thursday, September 10, 2020

toowayhon

 Wednesday, September 9, 2020 (6:39 a.m.)

Blessed God,


A new to me word stopped me in my tracks yesterday. Toowayhon - the Aramaic word meaning “enriched, happy, fortunate, delighted, blissful, content, blessed.” And I always thought Shalom [Hebrew for peace, harmony, wholeness, completeness, prosperity, welfare and tranquility; as well as hello and goodbye] packed a punch!


Holy, Holy God I continue looking to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Mathew 7:7). We are in such need Father. Desperate need. Out of control wild fires and health issues. You know Your plan (Jeremiah 29:11). We trust You. Help us I pray.


Toowayhon. Teach me more please.


Psalm 130:5 (Salvation and Survival: A New Look At The Sermon On The Mount)


The Passion Translation footnotes for Matthew 5 include so many other references:

Psalms 27:14; 37:11; 149:4; 11:3-7; 18:25; 15:1-2; 24:4; 51:10; 17:15

Proverbs 14:21

Isaiah 61:1-2; 41:17; 57:15; 66:2

Zephaniah 2:3

2 Samuel 22:26

James 2:13

(11:15 a.m.)


The list of "see also"s goes much longer. Right now, back to toowayhon. It implies more than the word blessed - “great happiness, prosperity, abundant goodness, and delight!” (The Passion Translation Matthew 5:3 footnote).


Reading further, “The word bliss captures all of this meaning. Toowayhon means to enjoy union and communion with God.” Most Holy Father, how I long to enjoy union and communion with You.

(12:05 p.m.)


As I seek to learn more, my mind scatters in so many different directions. It’s all so exciting.


One reference of Jesus speaking to the multitudes depicts Him on the northwest side of the Sea of Galilee. Connecting that thought with the positioning of Tahoe Vista on Lake Tahoe, I am amazed by the similarity of the shapes of these two bodies of water.


Lord, You astonish me! The more I read, the more I want to know.


The Passion Translation footnote correlates the importance of living these Truth filled verses with the law of the Ten Commandments. “It is a superior version of all that God expects and provides for those who yield to Him. Jesus gives us more than laws; He gives us promises of power to fulfill all that He asks of us. The emphasis is not on outward duty but on the inward transformation of our hearts by grace. God’s kingdom is offered to those who will learn the ways of Christ and offer themselves to Him in full surrender.”


Let me be one of those offering myself to You in full surrender Lord!


Reading the various translations I truly become excited and eager to tell (AGOG). I want to know so much more.


Worldwide English (New Testament). “He [Jesus] said ‘God makes happy those who know that they need Him. The kingdom of heaven is for them…” 


CEV

ERV

GW

ICB

PHILLIPS

TLB

MSG

NLV


3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I turned to your sight as I too was excited about the word Toowayhon from Matt. 5:3
    We are on the greatest adventure of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I've found the word toowayhon and have had it rolling around in my mind and spirit for a month! Thanks for writing this!

    ReplyDelete