Tuesday, September 1, 2020

music

Tuesday, September 1, 2020 (6:18 a.m.)

Holy God,


♪You unravel me With a melody You surround me with a song♪


Lord, how I thank You for this Truth. Even when I don’t know the words, various notes present themselves until often I’m able to identify it.


Just like this morning. It started with the reminder to praise You. Wondering how to begin ♪I am a child of God♪ came to mind.


Not yet fully awake I quickly connected it to ♪No Longer Slaves♪ Thank You for music Father. Mm, yes. Music.


Tracing that one word into Your Word, I turn to Ephesians 5:19. Taking it a step further I turn to Illustrated Bible Handbook and read The New Lifestyle; 5:3-20. The Life Recovery Bible lists this section as Living in the Light and Living by the Spirit’s Power.


Father, how I long to do exactly this! Tears form within as I turn again to standing on Your Truth. It’s You I long to glorify and enjoy. Through all the starts and stops. The do-overs. U-turns. Repentances. You forgive us so we can ♪stand and sing “I am the child of God”♪


The Voice tells us, “When you are filled with the Spirit, you are empowered to speak to each other in the soulful words of pious songs, hymns, and spiritual songs; to sing and make music with your hearts attuned to God” (Ephesians 5:19). Yes please!


Make this so Blessed God. Do all You must in empowering and enabling us to live this day focused on Jesus.


Being careful not to live as fools (v.15). Making the most out of every opportunity You provide “for doing good in these evil days” (16). Not acting thoughtlessly, but rather trying to understand what You would have us do (17).


You tell us again and again how You would have us treat one another. Singing together (19). And always giving “thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ” (20).


I am here to do exactly that Holy God. Empowered and emboldened by Your perfect love. That same perfect love about which I awoke singing.


♪You split the sea So I could walk right through it My fears were drowned in perfect love You rescued me And I will stand and sing I am the child of God♪


Thank You. Praise You. Fill me with Your blessed Holy Spirit that I will truly sing Your praises all this day. I love You. I need You. I worship and adore You. Thank You Father. Amen.

(436 words ~ 7:22 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment