Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Always ♪This Is A Good Day♪

Monday, September 14, 2020 (6:06 a.m.)

Holy God,


I stayed away yesterday. I felt sad. Misunderstood. And I stayed away.


Thank You Father that You allow us our experiments. Even when they lead to disappointment. And mistakes.


Blessed Lord, how I thank You for always having our backs. Always.


Right there begins another song that I can’t readily find. Something about You always being good.


And here it is. A much easier find than expected. Sung in church yesterday. ♪This Is A Good Day♪ by Gary Rea. Praise You Jesus!


♪This is a good day Cause Jesus Your mercy Is new for me It is new for me Be Praised, let our worship rise in this place Cause You’re always good Always good How great, how glorious Is the Lamb of God who was slain for us He’s the King of us, He’s the King of us♪


Most Blessed Lord Jesus, how truly I thank You. You are our reason for singing. Smiling. Standing firm and staying our minds on Your Word. ♪How great How glorious is the Lamb of God who was slain for us♪


You truly are the King of Kings. And I am grateful to be counted as one of Your followers. Thank You Jesus.


As I considered feeling myself to be a disappointment just earlier, how I thank You for the prompt of Romans 5:3-5. You are always so good at reminding us Lord.


And the more I read? The greater my hope in You grows! Thank You. Praise You. Worship and adore You.


Before going straight to the SUGGESTED RESULT (Romans 5:3-5) for the word disappointment, let me start instead at the beginning of the chapter. “Faith Brings Joy Therefore [referring to the fact that Jesus ‘was handed over to die because of our sins, and He was raised from the dead to make us right with God’ (v. 4:25) ] since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.” Yes!


Father, forgive me. I so easily push Your Truth aside because of my own wavering feelings.


“Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of highest privilege where we stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.” Oh that I would truly live as though I trust and believe this every day!


“We can rejoice, [rejoice?] too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us [ARGH!] - they help us learn to endure.” Oh Dearest God, how desperately I need to learn this lesson!


“And endurance develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation. And this expectation will not disappoint us. For we know how dearly God loves us, because He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love.”


Your love! Not the fickle kind of earthly love that we’re used to. No, Your perfect, perfecting love!


As I read a Step 10 [of 12] devotional in The Life Recovery Bible I am reminded of the importance of ‘continuing to take personal inventory and when we are wrong promptly admitting it.’ Oh yes Blessed God! Let me learn this lesson as well!


Repeated Forgiveness We may grow impatient with ourself when we continue to commit the same sin over and over again.” Do You think?! Thank You Father that You KNOW!


“… If this [forgiveness] is to be our attitude toward others, doesn’t it make sense that we should extend the same grace to ourself? We need to be as patient with ourself as God expects us to be with others.” Oh yes Lord. Please teach me.


“… Learning to wait patiently is an important characteristic for us to develop. Each time we admit sin and accept God’s forgiveness, our hope and faith have a chance to be exercised and grow stronger. We no longer have to hide in shame every time we slip. God’s love for us is reaffirmed every time we rely on it. In this way God helps us hold our head high no matter what happens.”


Relying on Your love. Yes please Father! No matter what happens!


With that being the case, this truly ♪IS a good day! Cause Jesus Your mercy Is new for me It is new for me…♪ No matter what it may bring. Align me with You plan Dearest God.


Make sure I sing. Smile. Stand. And stay. On and in Your Word. I love You Father. I need You. I want You. And I thank You. Praise You. Use me. Amen.

(783 words ~ 8:17 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment