Saturday, September 12, 2020

BUT!

Saturday, September 12, 2020 (5:46 a.m.)

Blessed Holy God,


You are good. I am not. I make mistakes. Say mean things. Think horrible thoughts. Shutdown when backed into a corner. The list goes on.


BUT! I am made in Your image. Genesis 9:6-7. And while I know and truly believe this I struggle Lord.


Again, the apostle Paul’s words from Romans 7:14-25 swim around in my mind. BUT! Rather than spend my time here associating my sin nature with his, I move ahead to chapter 8. Living by the Power of the Holy Spirit.


Holy God, I acknowledge my need of You. Just by reading the first few words of verse 1, my heart starts singing out Your Truth. With each stanza my sadness gives way to hope.


The Passion Translation, “So now the case is closed. There remains no accusing voice of condemnation against those who are joined in life-union with Jesus, the Anointed One.”


♪There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus♪ Father, I confess to You that the accusing voice of condemnation I hear most readily is my own. Work in me I pray Dear God.


I have hope in You. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises.


“Lord, so many times I fail; I fall into disgrace. But when I trust in You, I have a strong and glorious presence protecting and anointing me. Forever You’re all I need!” (Psalm 73:26). It’s true! So true!


BUT! Still I struggle in my own mind. Wanting to do what is just and right and good. And then I remember that there is growth in the struggle.


So here again I ask You to ♪Take My Life and Let It Be Consecrated, Lord, to Thee Take my moments and my days - Let them flow in ceaseless praise…♪ (Leviticus 11:44). YOU know what You are doing with me.


Continue Your work in fining and refining me. Clarify me Lord. “Remove the scum [dross, impurities, waste, worthless things] from the silver. Then the silver can be used by the silversmith” (Proverbs 25:4, International Children’s Bible).


In this scenario, YOU are the Silversmith. The Finer. The Good Smith. Praise You Father!


I love You. I need You. I want You. And I thank You. Oh how I thank You Dearest Lord.


Do all You must. This I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

(404 words ~ 8:08 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment