Thursday, September 3, 2020

intrinsically wired

Thursday, September 3, 2020 (10:31 a.m.)

Most Dear and Holy God,


Thank You. I’ve taken quite a bit of time this morning. Playing at the piano. Enjoying the garden. And wondering how to change the way I seem to be intrinsically wired.


Lord, I know You to be an absolute good God. Me? I make mistakes all the time. Thank You that this does indeed prove I am human. Sometimes too much so.


This is where I confess to You what You already know is in my heart. Lord, I believe myself to be such a “hater” at times. I judge others. Too often unmercifully. I know this is not Your best for me. And I don’t know how to stop.


I turn to You. Read Your Word. Agree with what You say. And go out and think unkindly anyway. Forgive me Lord. Forgive and refine me I pray.


All too often I think the worse, not the best (loosely based on 1 Corinthians 13:7; The Message). Yes Lord, as I look further into this section (vs. 4-7) the less loving I know myself to be.


I put up a good front. And make it look nice to others. You know my heart though. You’re the One who intrinsically wired me in the first place. So where do we go from here?


Turning in the Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (Luke 6:45) I read of those who are upright, honorable and intrinsically good compared to the ones who are depraved, wicked and intrinsically evil. Father, I long to fall into the first category.


Taking this verse (45) over to The Voice and up one verse higher (44) I ask You to do a mighty work in me Dear God. “You can know a tree by the fruit it bears. You don’t find figs on a thorn bush, and you can’t pick grapes from a briar bush. It’s the same with people. A person full of goodness in his heart produces good things; a person with an evil reservoir in his heart pours out evil things. The heart overflows in the words a person speaks; your words reveal what’s within your heart.”


Holy Father God, I confess the judging that takes place in my heart. Change me I pray. I love You. I need You. Thank You. Amen.


(389 words ~ 12:08 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment