Saturday, September 5, 2020

so many surprises

 Saturday, September 5, 2020 (7:25 a.m.)

Most Holy God,


There have already been so many surprises this morning. Nothing huge. Just little unexpectednesses.


Thank You Father. Thank You that I get to take these happenings with me into Your Word and once again be blessed beyond belief.


You do this for us Lord. Time and time again. Thank You. Praise You. Guide me I pray.


And You do. Proverbs 3:13-26. As well as Proverbs 19:23. With even a nod to the “Hymn to a Good Wife” (Proverbs 31:10-31).


Dearest Lord, I ask You to continue teaching me Your Truth concerning surprises. Proverbs 19:23, “Fear-of-GOD is life itself, a full life, and serene - no nasty surprises.” This is the way I long to live my days. Knowing You. Trusting You. Fully esteeming and revering You!


Reading Proverbs 3:21-26 I sit a little taller, lean in just a bit more, as if to actually hear what You want me to know. “Dear friend, guard Clear Thinking and Common Sense with your life; don’t for a minute lose sight of them.” Truly I try Father!


“They’ll keep your soul alive and well, they’ll keep you fit and attractive. You’ll travel safely, you’ll neither tire nor trip. You’ll take afternoon naps without a worry, you’ll enjoy a good night’s sleep. No need to panic over alarms or surprises, or predictions that doomsday’s just around the corner, Because GOD will be right there with you; He’ll keep you safe and sound.”


That doesn’t mean I will know ahead of time all You have planned for us. The Life Recovery Bible Serenity Prayer devotional for this section ends with more Truth. “As we change our focus  and begin to seek after wisdom, we will find our life more fulfilled and secure. Godly wisdom will also help us avoid the destructive paths we have previously taken as we tried to fulfill our unmet needs and desires.


Oh “Amen!” to that Dearest God. You are so very good to us. Do all You must in truly making me into A Wife of Noble Character. One who is “like a trading ship that sails to faraway places and brings back exotic surprises” (v. 31:14).


Yes Blessed God, keep working in me I pray. I love You. I thank You. And I ask You to continue Your blessings as only You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(414 words ~ 8:47 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment