Sunday, September 27, 2020

TRUTH!

Sunday, September 27, 2020 (7:32 a.m.)

Blessed God,


I’m here asking for Your help. My thinking gets in the way of Your promises. I am seeking Your Truth. That Truth that sets us free (John 8:31). The Truth that teaches us to live as Your children. Lovingly connected with one another.


I take my asking, seeking and knocking (Matthew 7:7) to a hymn from long ago. Singing out my prayer that You would truly ♪Open My Eyes That I May See… my ears… my mouth… my heart…♪


Blessed Holy God, it is You I long to glorify and enjoy. It is Your Truth I crave to follow. Dearest Father, You know Your best for each of us. And I struggle every single day to hold my hopes and disappointments in check.


Maybe I’m not supposed to. Maybe You intend that I bring them all to You. Just like the poem entitled “Broken Dreams” written by Robert J. Burdette. How much do I resemble the one snatching back my broken dreams from You crying out, “How could You be so slow?”


How perfect for me to be reminded that it would be just like You to say, “My child, what could I do? You never did let go.” I hold on so tightly to the dreams of how I want relationships to be.


Oh Lord God, You have so much work to do in me! My thin-skinned, oversensitive feelings seem always to be just beneath the surface. What do we do Lord?


How do I confess to You that I truly desire deeper connections with others? Honest, open, willing communications. Built on all that is: true, helpful, inspiring, necessary and kind.


Holy God, You have been teaching me all these years and still I have so very much more to learn. I am confessing to You right now, meanness comes easy to me. Kindness? That’s work! Speaking Your Truth in Your love (Ephesians 4:15) doesn’t readily roll off my tongue.


Feelings of jealousy, being slighted, wanting more run rampant within me. Thank You that You know this even before I tell You. Thank You that You love me anyway.


Thank You that I DO get to be honest with You. Crying out when my feelings get hurt. You want my honest worship! Not a pretense. Thank You. Praise You.


Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me that I would truly come to love You and others as Your Word commands. With all of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30-31).


You alone are good (Mark 10:18). I, on my own, am still created in Your image (Genesis 1:27). Let me remember that Truth Father! ♪Be glorified in me♪


I truly am asking to ♪hear Voices of Truth Thou sendest clear; And while the wave notes fall on my ear, Everything false will disappear♪ Yes Lord. Yes! “Open my eyes to see the miracle-wonders hidden in Your Word” (Psalm 119:18 The Passion Translation).


Oh yes Blessed God. Protect me from myself this day. I love You. I need You. I ask You. I want You. And I thank You Lord. How truly I thank You. Amen.

(538 words ~ 9:06 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment