Sunday, August 30, 2020

awaken

 Sunday, August 30, 2020 (6:36 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You! Oh Your goodness, thank You for awakening me. Not just physically. Emotionally. Spiritually. And mentally.


Immediately I am singing ♪Your Love Awakens Me♪ As I look up the lyrics I truly feel as though I am living this song. Praise You Father.


♪There were walls between us By the cross You came And broke them down… There were chains around us By Your grace we are No longer bound… You called me out of the grave You called me into the light You called my name and then my heart came alive♪


It happened almost just like that for me this past week. On Monday or Tuesday my emotional dam finally burst and there were tears. So many tears. “Sub-sub”s are what we used to call them. Crying to the point of not being able to speak unbrokenly.


And then? Clarity. The overall calm that comes from having all that pent up emotion drained.


Holy God how I thank You. Thank You for allowing me to again see the Truth in the phrase, “You gotta get busy livin’ or get busy dyin’!”


You reminded me of two of the most memorable things from a long ago funeral of a former co-worker. Erma. A force to be reckoned with. A take no prisoners, unapologetic example of living life to its fullest.


Yes Lord. That is my first memory of having heard “The Dash”. A short instruction of making the tiny line on a headstone that represents the time we spend in this world matter.


Remembering that service closing with the prayer, “Lord, let me live as long as I’m alive and not die until I’m dead” changed my thinking. I realized how much I have been “phoning in” my days. Existing, not really living. Low profile. Not willing to risk hoping for anything more.


Lord, thank You for changing me! ♪You called me out of the grave You called me into the light You called my name and then my heart came alive Your love is greater Your love is stronger Your love awakens Awakens Awakens me♪


Thank You Lord. Praise You God. Use me as You know is best.


1 Corinthians 15:34 in The Passion Translation, “Come back to your right senses and awaken to what is right. Repent from your sinful ways. For some have no knowledge of God’s wonderful love. You should be ashamed that you make me write this way to you!”


Blessed Lord God, I long to live this day in the power of Your wonderful love. Keep awakening me as I go. I love You. And want to serve You. Do all You must. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(458 words ~ 8:13 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment