Wednesday, September 2, 2020

correction

Wednesday, September 2, 2020 (5:53 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Yesterday You reminded me of a long forgotten reality. And this morning You are correcting my thinking on an often misunderstood Proverb. I like when You correct my thinking. Thank You Lord.


Yes. Thank You that I no longer need to be afraid of corrections. You absolutely know Your best for each of us. When You get ahold of our hearts, souls, minds and strength You right our thinking. Thank You Father.


In the past, being corrected has felt awful. Embarrassing. I’ve associated correction with wrongness [yes, that’s a word]. Thank You for helping me change my thinking.


And this brings me to Proverbs 23:7. “As a man thinketh…” I’ve long associated this phrase with keeping my thoughts positive. Not so. Today, again, I am being corrected. Learning that here we are talking about another being disingenuous. Insincere.


So today Blessed God, I turn to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Beseeching You to right my thinking. Correct me as only You know is best. Often. Regularly.


I love You Father. I need You. I want Your correction. And just like that You provide yet another smile!


Proverbs 12:1. The Passion Translation. “To learn the Truth you must long to be teachable, or you can despise correction and remain ignorant.” Yep!


Here it is from New Living Translation. “To learn, you must love discipline; it is stupid to hate correction.”


And this from The Message. “If you love learning, you love the discipline that goes with it - how shortsighted to refuse correction!”


Yes please. Do all You must Blessed God. I love You. I thank and praise You. Amen.

(283 words ~ 7:22 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment