Friday, September 18, 2020

another smile, another song

Thursday, September 17, 2020 (5:17 a.m.)

Good morning Lord,


How I thank You for providing smiles. I appreciate every time I realize that I am smiling. Yes Lord.


With that comes another smile. And a song. ♪When You’re Smiling♪


Just one click and I’m learning more about this song, the people who’ve sung it over the years and a variety of other information that has nothing at all to do with singing.


Right now I’m taking the opportunity to follow my thinking. “Just one click” led me to learning about the song ♪Just One Look♪ While doing that I found myself praying for loved ones.


Father, You amaze me. You created each of us with our own skillsets. Abilities. Interests. Thank You that You have a plan in here somewhere. A plan that is meant for good and not for evil. A plan to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).


And right there? Another song. And with it? Another smile.


Playful as can be. ♪Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog♪ Oh look! All these [nearly 50] years later I learn it’s really titled ♪Joy to the World♪ And just when I think I am spinning wheels and wasting time I find some kernels of truth.


Your Truth can be found Father whenever we’re willing to search for It and follow our own quirky interests. Wikipedia of all places tells me “A member of Three Dog Night said that the original lyrics to the song were ‘Jeremiah was a prophet’ but no one liked it.”


How ‘bout that? Originally rejected by two of the three main vocalists it was ultimately recorded because “the band needed a ‘silly song’ to help bring the band back together as a working unit.” Oh dearest God, how You work in the most mysterious ways!


Reading further the song is referred to as ‘not even close to our best record, but it might have been one of our most honest.’ Is that how we are to be with You Blessed God? Your Word tells us over and over again that You never expected us to be perfect. Just honest!


Following this thread back to the internet [theodysseyonline] I read that we are to hold ourselves to “a standard of grace, not of perfection.” Oh how I ask You to keep teaching me Father.


Lead me that I will follow. Into Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. Ever reminded of Your goodness and Your grace.


We are Yours Father. Ever curious. And challenged. You are ever perfect. Loving. Kind. Forgiving. In charge.


Do all You must this blessed day Dearest God, that we would truly come to worship and adore You. Even if I’m singing of a bullfrog [PROPHET} named Jeremiah! We have SO much to learn from the book carrying his name.


I love You Father. Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. Countering every single worthless thought with Your Truth. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(497 words ~ 7:05 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment