Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Anchor

Wednesday, September 23, 2020 (6:45 a.m.)

Holy God,


Again I look to You. Thoughts. Concerns. Then music (♪Anchor♪ from Bethel Music). And hope.


♪In every season, in every change You are near In every sorrow, You are strength You are near A peace in the storm Your voice I will follow In weakness I rise Remembering You hold my world♪


Thank You Father. Thank You that You are always here for us to turn to.


♪I’m holding on to hope I’m holding on to grace I’m fully letting go I’m surrendered to Your ways♪ I sing the words as another news story startles my very being.


Blessed God, You are good. We are to trust You! Thank You that as bleak as the state of the Union appears, again and again I turn to You.


♪The anchor for my soul Father You will never change I love You, I love You♪


Thank You Lord. Thank You that we are called to ever turn to You. We, as a nation, are in deep duress. Looking at what lies before us is truly distressing. Depressing actually.


And then I turn and look again to You! ♪My great Redeemer, My constant Friend You are near My faithful Father, You took me in You are near♪


I am confessing to You Lord, it is getting harder to be hopeful. And then I am reminded, YOU are our hope! Not the nation. Nor the elected officials. You!


♪I will remember Your promise forever My Strength, my Defender I can count on You You are my Savior, My Hope and my Shelter Your love is forever I can count on You♪


Here I turn to Your Word. Your Truth. Your hope. And Your promises. Hebrews 6:13-20 “God’s Promises Bring Hope … Abraham waited patiently, and he received what God promised… God has given us both His promise and His oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to Him for refuge can take new courage, for we can hold on to His promise with confidence.”


Yes Lord! Hold on to Your promise with confidence! Yes!


“This confidence is like a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain of heaven into God’s inner sanctuary.”


Right here I sit up straighter. Refueled. Believing. Changing songs.


♪I’m not a warrior I’m too afraid to lose I feel unqualified for what You’re calling me to But Lord with Your strength I’ve got no excuse ‘Cause broken people are exactly who You use So give me faith like Daniel in the lion’s den Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense So I can face my giants with CONFIDENCE


Yes most Blessed God! Be our defense! Our Anchor and our Defense!


Your nature is unchanging. Your promises are trustworthy. And we “find absolute security in the resurrected Christ, who is our High Priest and who connects us with the living God” (comment, The Life Recovery Bible).


As we look to You, beseeching You to do all that only You can do Lord, humbly I ask that You would ♪Open My Eyes That I May See… Open my ears that I may hear… Open my mouth and let me bear… Open my heart, and let me prepare… Spirit Divine♪


We are in such desperate need of You Dearest Lord. Actively we seek to ♪hear Voices of Truth Thou sendest clear; And while the wave notes fall on my ear, Everything false will disappear


Let it be so Dearest Lord. Let us see Your Truth made visible today.


I love You Father. I trust You. I depend on You. We need You Lord. Oh how we need You. Thank You for all You have planned for Your good and Your glory. Do all You must. ♪Still I Will Praise You♪ (Daniel Bashta). Thank You. We love and need You. Amen.

(668 words ~ 8:37 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment