Wednesday, September 23, 2020

♪If My People's Hearts Are Humbled♪

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 (6:42 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


How I thank and praise You Lord. There hasn’t been the singing like there was yesterday. Except for ♪God Bless America♪ Father, how I do ask You to bless America. It all looks so very bleak.


I turn in a hymn book and then to Your Word. Lord God, how truly I ask You to ♪Stand beside us and guide us Through the night with YOUR Light from above♪ Holy, holy God we are in such desperate need of You. Your presence. Your guidance. Your wisdom. Your holiness.


Under a Patriotic section of The Hymnal for Worship & Celebration is ♪If My People’s Hearts Are Humbled♪ Following Your lead directly to 2 Chronicles 7:14 my heart aches Lord. My eyes fill. Terror could easily overtake my thinking.


Instead I stand firm and stay my mind on You. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises.


The Life Recovery Bible comment for the verse above states, “7:14 This verse contains one of God’s greatest promises to Israel. Although this promise was given specifically to Old Testament Israel, we know that through Jesus Christ, God does listen to our prayers, and He does forgive our sins as we confess them. It is part of God’s nature to be forgiving. This fact should give us great comfort as we seek to deal with our past failures.”


Past failures. Yes! Father, we have failed You. So much!


“Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and heal their land” (2 Chronicles 7:14).


Oh please Lord. Please Lord. Please. We are a desperate people. We have failed You. Do all You must Father. Change us Lord. Heal us as You desire.


Another song came. ♪Humble YourThyself in The Sight of the Lord And He will shall lift You up, higher and higher♪ Oh Lord God how deeply I thank You.


Following this song over to 1 Peter 5:6 a smile overtakes me. Reading the surrounding verses again I feel wrapped in a cocoon of Your making.


Beginning at verse 5, I choose to hope in You. “Your younger men, accept the authority of the elders. And all of You, serve each other in humility, for ‘God sets Himself against the proud, but He shows favor to the humble.’ So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in His good time He will honor you. Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you.”


I believe this Lord. I trust this. I stand on this Father.


Continuing. Verse 8. “Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour.” And with that? Another song!


♪Our God is greater, our God is stronger God, You are higher than any other Our God is Healer, awesome in power Our God! Our God!♪


Yes Lord! ♪… Into the darkness You shine, out of the ashes we rise there’s no one like You, none like You!♪


Do all You must Dearest God. We are in absolute desperate need of You. Thank You. We love You. Amen.

(558 words ~ 9:33 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment