Saturday, August 1, 2020

reminded ~ 7/30/20

Thursday, July 30, 2020 (6:31 a.m.)

Blessed God,


This morning I’m feeling sad. Just plain sad. Will You talk with me about the thoughts going on in my head?

(7:11 a.m.)


I believe I get to choose my attitude. I can stay sad if I want. It certainly is easier than finding the things that will help me smile. There is absolutely enough things in this world to be sad about.


So I’m turning to You God. Instead of judging others and building cases concerning perceived oversights and inattentions. Yes Lord, I look to You.


Truly. I “choose to make a decision that this day is going to be the happiest day of my life, regardless of what is put on my plate and what is happening to my body” (Aging With Attitude).


Mm, yes Father. Thank You for reminding me that I get to choose. Yes. Yes Lord. I am reminded of Your goodness and Your grace. I am reminded of Your faithfulness. Your kindness. Your love.


I am reminded of Jesus’ sacrifice. On my behalf. Taking my sins upon Himself that I may come to You with any and every degree of sadness I may feel at any given moment. Thank You God. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit.


I have no idea what today holds. I do however know that You hold it. And me.


Thank You Father. Thank You for Your love. And Your care.


My mind so easily takes me to places of perceived slights and unforgivenesses. I can build cases against others with the best of them. A true architect of grudge holding.


Thank You that Your way for me is so much better. Brighter. Lighter. More free. And loving. Kind…


Thank You for bringing me to Psalm 27:11-14 this morning. Reminding me to turn to You. Asking You to “Teach me how to live, O Lord. Lead me along the path of honesty, for my enemies are waiting for me to fail… I am confident that I will see the LORD’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living.”


I am confident in You Dear Lord. I see Your goodness. Regularly. Often. Forgive me for far too many times choosing the darker thoughts. The images of regrets. And errors. Slights. And disappointments.


The Life Recovery Bible’s comment tells us, “Because temptations press in around us, we need to learn how God wants us to act in the midst of such pressures. He wants to become the stabilizing factor in our life. Apart from Him we have no power against the things that once put us in bondage. We must determine, one day at a time, to follow God patiently and confidently waiting for Him to protect and lead us.”


Thank You Father. Truly. Thank You! 


You right my thinking. You remind me that I can come to You. Exactly as I am. Broken. Beaten. Sad. Lonely. And You will hold me. Thank You.


“Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD” (v. 14).


Yes Lord. It takes bravery and courage to risk being honest. Open. Willing. Even admitting sadness when it arises.


Holy God, I ask You to keep working in us. Building us into the people You would have us be. Kind. Caring. Willing to share.


We do love You Lord. And long to live our lives as You would have us. Freely. Joyously. Lovingly. Peacefully. Patiently. Kindly. Goodly. Faithfully. Gently. Temperately (Galatians 5:22-23a).


Yes Lord. Do all for [in, with, by and through] us that we are unable to do on our own. Thank You God. We love You. Amen.

(611 words ~ 8:19 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment