Wednesday, August 12, 2020

knowing God

 Wednesday, August 12, 2020 (6:24 a.m.)

Blessed God,


I’m here. Looking to You. Wanting to know You. More. Better.


Thank You for the ways You lead and guide our thoughts. Our hearts. Souls. And strength.


Ephesians 1:15-17

John 17:3


My tendency is still to find fault. Point fingers. Assign blame.


Thank You that You have a much better plan. Put our focus on You. Teach me more Father.


Paul prayed for Spiritual wisdom to strengthen the believers in Ephesus. I am asking the same for myself Lord. That You would ‘give me spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that I might grow in my knowledge of You’ (Ephesians 1:17).


As I look to You. Reading. Wanting. I turn to The Prayer of Jesus (John 17). The Life Recovery Bible comment for this chapter reads, “…He [Jesus] makes God’s will known to us and our heartfelt needs known to God. Jesus’ words and deeds reveal God’s mercy, justice, glory, truth, and His desire to establish a personal relationship with each of us.”


All this Truth just because I asked to know You more. And better. Thank You Lord.


You know me perfectly. My hurts. My hopes. The good. The bad. And the really ugly. Thank You Father that You love and forgive me in spite of myself. Teaching me Your much better way.


Continuing with the comment, “Jesus intercedes with God our Father on our behalf, bringing our needs and requests continually before God. He prays that we would know His perfect joy, be protected from all evil, grow in truth and holiness, and show love toward all people.”


How I ask this to be the case for me Blessed God. I long to love as You would have me love. You. With all of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30). And my neighbors as myself (v. 31).


This is only possible in You. By You. With You. Through You. And for You. Do all You must to this end Blessed God.


I love You. I need You. I want You. I trust You. And I ask You Dearest Lord, make it so. Thank You. Amen.

(363 words ~ 7:35 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment