Sunday, August 9, 2020

absolution leading to praise

 Sunday, August 9, 2020 (6:15 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. You are so good. And we are truly grateful.


As You continue Your work in me concerning forgiveness I’m becoming more fully aware of how ready I am to assign blame. In almost in given situation I see myself attempting to find fault.


Forgive me Father. And here’s a smile! Ear to ear. And getting bigger. Thank You Lord!


Yes. Thank You that an antonym of faultfinding is praise. And those of blame? Absolve. Forgive. Pardon.


Teach me this morning about absolution Lord. Mm. Yes. Absolution leading to praise.


Holy God, I had fallen so deeply and easily into the habit of being angry. Looking to blame. Playing the victim. Thank You for the tools You provide to return me to solid ground.


And just like that I’m searching [and not finding] ♪Solid Ground♪


Thank You for pulling me back into Your Word instead. Deuteronomy. Covenant life. A life of allegiance. Loyalty. Faithfulness. Fidelity. Obedience. Devotion.


Most dear and blessed Lord God, You are ever present in leading and guiding us. Oh that we would truly follow You.


Deuteronomy 12:32. “Carefully obey all the commands I give you. Do not add to them or subtract from them.” We don’t get to pick and choose. We are called to praise You. And forgive others. We can’t do one without the other.


You provide everything we need to accomplish Your will. We must walk closely with You. Thank You for Your presence. And Your provisions.


The Life Recovery Bible comment. “12:32 When all else fails, follow the directions. So often we attempt to accomplish God’s work our own way and in our own strength. It is quite possible to do the right thing in the wrong way or for the wrong reason. We are to follow God’s directions, all of God’s directions, and nothing but God’s directions. Do it God’s way. That is the divine prescription for physical, emotional, and spiritual recovery.”


I am not here to find fault or assign blame. You would have me forgive others and praise You. Thank You.


And now the song I couldn’t find earlier. ♪Higher Love♪ by Steve Winwood. Pretty darn appropriate here. Thank You Lord that You truly are our Higher Love!


Use me this day. To Your good and to Your glory. I love You. I need You. I thank You. And I praise You. Keep teaching me please. Amen.


(413 words ~ 7:53 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment