Friday, August 28, 2020

welcome

 Friday, August 28, 2020 (6:04 a.m.)

Holy God,


How I thank You for the privilege of knowing You. Teach me more about You please. Yes Lord.


Thank You that I again get to wake up singing. ♪Holy Spirit You are welcome here Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for To be overcome by Your presence, Lord♪


Oh yes Blessed God. We can so easily become overwhelmed with the state of all that is going on around us.


Lord, there have been deaths. Drug overdoses. Horror. Mayhem. And we can choose to turn to You asking to be overcome by Your presence. Yes Father, Your Holy Spirit IS welcome here!


Turning back to the song I wholeheartedly agree that ♪there’s nothing worth more That could ever come close No thing can compare You’re our living hope♪ Yes!


♪Your presence, Lord I’ve tasted and seen Of the sweetest of loves Where my heart becomes free And my shame is undone♪ I smile as I sing and sit up taller. Straighter. Truly longing to be filled with Your Spirit.


♪Let us become more aware of Your presence Let us experience the glory of Your goodness♪ Oh yes Blessed God. Truly we pray Your presence as we sing.


Psalm 61 sings out our need for You. As well as Your availability. Thank You Father. Praise You.


It is You, Your Son and Your Holy Spirit to Whom we can turn every time we are in need. Ephesians 5:18 cautions us. “Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, let the Holy Spirit fill and control you.”


Use me this day Blessed God. Filled with Your Holy Spirit that I may love You, others and myself as You would have me love. With all of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30-31.


Do all You must that I would truly glorify and enjoy You this day. In the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(347 words ~ 7:08 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment