Wednesday, August 26, 2020

10:37

10:37 Luke, Hebrews


♪Open Up My Eyes in Wonder♪ (Build My Life)


Wednesday, August 26, 2020 (5:05 a.m.)

Blessed Holy God,


♪Oh What a Night♪ Yes. How I thank You Lord. A very odd night indeed. Music mixed with early sleep and a “black and white cookie” [exact half moon] in the western sky at 10:37 PM.


You reminded me yesterday that I am here to glorify and enjoy You forever. And to encourage others in doing the same. Today I ask You to guide me in doing exactly that.


Lord, these very uncertain days in which we are struggling can so easily take our focus off of You. Uncontrollable weather. Fires. Racial and social dissensions. Anger. Family hurts and losses. Dissonance. Discord. We must intentionally set our minds and hearts on following You.


Thank You Father that You constantly call out to us.


Proverbs 19:21

Matthew 22:37

Philippians 2:4

Matthew 6:21

Hebrews 6:10

John 3:16

Matthew 17:20

Psalm 139:17-18

Proverbs 31:10


When we choose to turn to You, trust in You, depend on You we are comforted. Given all we need to continue having faith in You. Thank You Father.


As I prepare to go out into this day, Lord I ask You to lead and guide me. Direct my thoughts, my hopes, my prayers. You are good. These times are trying. Hard. And You are always in control. Thank You that You are.


Right there I start singing again. ♪Lord, You are more precious than silver; Lord, You are more costly than gold; Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds; And nothing I desire compares with You♪ (Proverbs 8:10-11).


Take this day. Make it all You would have it be. Do all You must in reminding us that You alone are good (Mark 10:18b). We love You Lord. We need You. We want You. We choose to look to You. Believing. Trusting. Asking, Seeking, Knocking (Matthew 7:7).


Turning in Your Word I come again to Matthew 6:21. “Wherever your treasure is, there your heart and thoughts will also be.” Thank You Father.


Thank You for the reminder to come again to You. Yes! A Serenity Prayer Devotional for Matthew 6:25-34 tells us how easy it is to fall back to worrying. It encourages us to look for the joy, strength and sanity that comes when we accept each day’s realities. Thank you Father.


Yes. Thank You that all of this has led me back over to Hebrews 10:37 and A Call to Persevere. “10:26-39 This ‘warning’ summarizes the only way to a wholehearted pursuit of emotional and spiritual healing. First we can find release by repenting of sinful patterns and receiving forgiveness. Then we can take positive steps by strengthening our healthy behavioral patterns and attitudes, particularly our faith in God.”


Yes Lord. You are our only hope in all of this uncertainty! And here again I sing.


♪Worthy of every song we could ever sing Worthy of all the praise we could ever bring Worthy of every breath we could ever breathe We live for You, oh, we live for You Jesus, the Name above every other name Jesus, the only One who could ever save… Holy there is no one like You, there is none beside You Open up my eyes in wonder and show me who You are and fill me with Your heart And lead me in Your love to those around me♪


Yes Lord! All of this I pray in Jesus’ most Holy name. Amen.


(602 words ~ 7:14 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment