Sunday, August 30, 2020

certainty

 Saturday, August 29, 2020 (7:27 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You!


You are changing me. I can feel it. Things I used to hold on to, deep in my heart and soul, I am more able to release. Perceived hurts and slights. Misunderstandings. Misgivings. Qualms.


And the very opposite of qualm? Certainty. Mm, yes! Father I ask that You lead me this day in certainty!


I feel as though I've spent the bulk of my life being uncertain. Afraid. Do all You must in changing that Lord.


I long to live this day for You. Glorifying and enjoying You at every turn. Not taking the simplest thing for granted. Truly appreciating the gifts and blessings You provide us.


And You do Lord. You provide us with gifts and blessings at every turn. We don’t always recognize or acknowledge them as such.


We have some big decisions to make Lord. The kind I usually approach with great trepidation. Here I am asking You in leading, guiding and directing us.


Father God, this morning I’m reading in the book of Luke. Written 


(3:00 p.m.)


“To confirm the historical record of the life of Jesus Christ, whose universal message offers hope and salvation to all who turn to Him” (THE BOTTOM LINE The Life Recovery Bible).


Holy God, there is so very much going on in the world around us. Hurts. Disappointments. Genuine concerns. Thank You that we get to turn to You and Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises.


You are God. Lord, Almighty. In You we get to trust.


The RECOVERY THEMES for this book remind us: Jesus Loves the Outcast; The Power of the ResurrectionGod’s Passion for Our Recovery; and The Power of the Holy Spirit.


Holy God, mistakes are made. Often. Thank You that Your Word is rife with forgiveness. We are taught, when we are willing to learn, that Your way is the absolute best way.


I am here asking You Lord to continue Your work in strengthening the certainty with which each of us are to approach You. The Voice tells us in Luke 1:4 “I want you to know that you can fully rely on the things you have been taught about Jesus, God’s Anointed One.”


Spelled out more fully in Amplified Bible, Classic Edition “[My purpose is] that you may know the full truth and understand with certainty and security against error the accounts (histories) and doctrines of the faith of which you have been informed and in which you have been orally instructed.”

Lord, we are in desperate need of the certainty of Your Truth. Thank You for planning so far in advance to meet our every need. We love You Lord. We need You. We want You. We trust You. Use us exactly as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(474 words ~ 4:02 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment