Sunday, August 23, 2020

prayer of praise

Friday, August 21, 2020 (6:45 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


You are good. We are grateful. Where do I go from here?


It’s become far too easy for me to whine. Gripe. Grumble. Complain. Yes Lord. I have fallen headlong back into the habit of killing my own spirit.


Thank You for the reminders You provide us. A silly, wise beyond his years, seven year old drawing attention again to my own goal of being joyful. Yes please Lord.


And here’s a smile. Free. Genuine. Mindful.


Father I long to go forward with You. In acceptance. Praise. Applause. Teach me to truly worship and adore You. Even, especially, now.


Turning to Hannah’s prayer of praise (1 Samuel 2:1-11) Illustrated Bible Handbook encourages us to study Hannah’s prayer to better understand and practice prayers of praise. “She (1) speaks directly to God, (2) expresses appreciation for His character (3) and His actions.


No comments:

Post a Comment