Sunday, August 23, 2020

Bless God

 Saturday, August 22, 2020 (7:07 a.m.)

Holy, Holy God,


Thank You! It’s taken almost a week and finally we have the song! Thank You Lord. Praise You. Yes. Praise, bless and honor You.


With that, I turn to Psalm 96:2-3. And 103:2.

(8:01 a.m.)


It happened again. Just like yesterday. An unexpected, necessary phone call. And in practically no time a planned one is coming up.


Lord, I come before You with a bucket filled with trauma. Drama. A death by drug overdose. Fractured familial relationships. Generational dysfunction that keeps getting passed down to the next.


There is divisive political turmoil. Racial injustice. Real life problems. Just like Jesus promised. “Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows” (John 16:33b).


It’s His words surrounding this Truth to which I cling. “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me” (v.33a). Followed by the conclusion of the entire chapter, “But take heart, because I have overcome the world” (33c).


Holy God, it is on Your Word that I truly stand. And depend. You are absolutely our only way through all of this!


Thank You Lord. Praise You. Bless You.


These are the words that brought me into the Psalms in the first place. Praise, leading to the Truth of Your forgiveness.


Preparing for another phone call I ask You to go before me. Be in, with, by, through and for me. Go beside, behind, below and above me that I will stay fully focused on Your goodness. Your grace. Your glory.


And here comes the song again. ♪Heaven is Here Now♪ by Gary Rea.


No comments:

Post a Comment