Monday, August 24, 2020

quotidian

Monday, August 24, 2020 (7:04 a.m.)


Growl, grumble, gripe, grouse. Countered with: sing, smile, stand, stay.


Holy God, how I thank You that I get to come to You with every single feeling I have. The good along with the bad. Yes Lord. I still judge my feelings.


Thank You that You have far more for us than meets our eyes. And hearts.


Mm, yes Lord. You provide hope where there seems to be none. Reminders of joy. Glimpses of goodness. Yes Father. You do this! Thank You. Praise You.


The smile on my face is faint. The one in my heart is broadening. Songs swirl within me. Each striving to be front and center.


♪Holy Spirit You are welcome here Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere Your glory God is what our hearts long for To be overcome by Your presence Lord♪


And again, ♪Heaven is Here Now… come and reign here, come have Your way here Establish Your rule Come take the throne Your Kingdom come♪


Blessed God, I truly don’t know how to pray to counter all the fearfulness of these times. Your Word reminds us. “And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don’t even know what we should pray for, nor how we should pray. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words” (Romans 8:26).


Another song of Your Truth. ♪Strength will come rise as we wait upon the Lord We will wait upon the Lord… Our God, You reign forever Our hope, our strong Deliverer You are the Everlasting God You do not faint You won’t grow weary♪


I sit up straighter. Filled with hope and joy. And then look around at what has become the ordinariness of our every day lives. Father it is so easy to become overcome with sadness and fear.


Turning again to Your Word, I stand on Your Truth and promises. Philippians 2:13 from church yesterday. “For God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey Him and the power to do what pleases Him.”


You know our every single need. Nothing gets by You. I forget this often.


Illustrated Bible Handbook for Romans 8:18-39 calls Your Truth to mind. “We have the confidence that whatever enters our life is designed for good, that we might grow toward likeness to Jesus and our destiny (26-30).


Father God, it is only in You, by You, through You, with You and for You that we have any hope at all. How I sing again that You would ♪Come and reign here Come have Your Way here Establish Your rule Come take the throne Your Kingdom come♪


Yes Lord. We get to so easily turn to the internet to find lyrics of songs that sing of facing our giants with ♪Confidence♪. Find information. And teach me the meaning of a new to me word.


This morning I happened upon quotidian. “a non-ordinary word to describe ordinariness.” Lord, You are anything but ordinary! How I thank You for all the ways You remind me of Your goodness and Your grace.


As I prepare to get started on whatever it is You have for me this day I turn to The Message. Psalm 4:6-8. Asking You to do all You must in teaching me to live this day in the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10).


“Why is everyone hungry for more? ‘More, more,’ they say. ‘More, more.’ I have God’s more-than-enough, More joy in one ordinary day Than they get in all their shopping sprees. At day’s end I’m ready for sound sleep, For You, GOD, have put my life back together.”


Yes Lord. We look to You to put our lives back together. We are broken. Hurting. And looking to You. ♪For Your glory We’ll see Your glory… Our lives are not our own, We give them back to You We belong to the King!♪


Yes. Nothing quotidian about that! ♪Come have Your Way Establish Your rule Come take the throne Your Kingdom come♪


Yes Jesus, do all You must. Thank You. We love you. Empower and enable us to Your will. Amen.

(709 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment