Tuesday, August 11, 2020

custodian

 Tuesday, August 11, 2020 (6:52 a.m.)

Holy God,


I’m looking for You to speak to me about being a custodian. The word kept coming to me through the night. 


A person who has responsibility for or looks after something. Caretaker. Keeper. Guardian. Steward. Protector. Hmm… Lead and guide me here this morning.


Revised Standard Version. Galatians 3:24-25.


Quoting Paul’s words from New Living Translation. “God’s Children through Faith Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian [custodian] and teacher to lead us until Christ came. So now, through faith in Christ, we are made right with God. But now that faith in Christ has come, we no longer need the law as our guardian [custodian].”


Oh, dearest, Blessed God. I start at these verses and read back to the beginning of the book. All the way to its “PURPOSE: To encourage readers to depend on Christ alone for salvation and daily strength.”


The contented smiles on my face and heart grow bigger with every word I read here Lord. “In Defense of Christian Freedom” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).


The Seduction of the Law; Recovery Leads to True Freedom; The Power of the Holy Spirit and The Necessity of Faith (The Life Recovery Bible RECOVERY THEMES).


I confess Dearest God, I have never noticed nor paid as much attention to the contrast between law keeping and the freedom we have in Jesus. Thank You that You knew Your creation so well.


You know our needs. Our tendencies. And You provide Your way out of our hard wired habits. Thank You Father. Praise You. Worship and adore You!


The Life Recovery Bible comment for “3:15-29 God’s relationship with us is not based on our keeping the law but on the promises made to Abraham to bless all humanity through his offspring, Jesus Christ… 3:26-29 When we entrust our life to God through Jesus Christ, we become His children. What an amazing Truth!”


I thought I was coming here to be taught how to be a better custodian. Thank You that You want to teach me more about being Your child.


Do all You must this day Dearest God that I will truly glorify and enjoy You. Freely. Faithfully. Powerfully through Your Holy Spirit.


I love You. I need You. I ask You. Embolden me in obeying You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(401 words ~ 8:02 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment