Thursday, August 20, 2020

recuperative

Thursday, August 20, 2020 (9:18 a.m.)


A moment of explanation. More of a reminder to the future me.


The last three days have been busy. Hot. And recuperative. Thank You for another new to me word!


On Monday we pretended to be at the river. Beating the heat while in a well imagined resort. Complete with a cabana and a margarita.


Tuesday was an actual walk on Newport Pier. Thank You God. Thank You for the hope that flooded through me just by experiencing the breeze and the view that surrounded us.


Heading inland I pretended to be in the sultriness of New Orleans. A wet linen napkin around my neck and homemade hand fans from the Sunday newspaper. Lord, You allowed me to truly take joy in those moments of ingenuity.


Yesterday I pretty much pushed all ideas of spending time with You aside as I tried again to find the song that has attempted singing out to me for three complete days. You know Your plans of when [if ever] it will surface for me.


Lord, I heartily thank You for Your presence in my life. Especially on these times when I think I don’t deserve Your favor.


Do in, with, by, through and for me all that You know is best. I love You. And I thank You. Amen.

(9: 30 a.m. - 221 words)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment