Thursday, August 6, 2020

power through forgiveness

Thursday, August 6, 2020 (5:28 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You for the power You have provided through forgiveness. It really is a choice. One that leads to life (Deuteronomy 30:19). Truly. Praise You Lord.


The more I practice and read [mayoclinic e-article] about the benefits of letting go of grudges and bitterness the better able I am to continue the exercise. There is absolutely a noticeable difference in my demeanor.


My spirit once again feels lighter. Joy is replacing sadness. Hope rises up [floats!] over feelings of dejection.


You are directly responsible for this change in my attitude Lord. You know Your best for us. I am fully aware of Your hand in this. And I am powerfully grateful.


I am made strong in You and Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). I completely look to You this morning Lord. Asking You to bless me and keep me, making Your face radiate with joy because of me, being gracious to me, showing me Your favor and giving me Your peace (Numbers 6:24-26).


I long to live this one day for You. In You. By You. Through You. Fully encompassed with Your glorious presence.


You alone are good. ‘I see no value in anger or making others wrong’ [Aging with Attitude]. And I ask You to continue doing all You must to this end.


Again I turn to The Message (Galatians 6:4-5) asking You to empower me in ‘making a careful exploration of who I am and the work I have been given, and then sinking myself into that. Not being impressed with myself. Not comparing myself with others. Taking full responsibility for doing the creative best with my own life.’ This life that You have provided me!


I love You Father. I need You. In every single breath I take. Continue doing all You must that I will truly glorify and enjoy You this day and forever. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(331 words ~ 7:29 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment