Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Oceans

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 (6:52 a.m.)

Holy God,


How I thank You Lord. Praise You.


Yes. Thank You for waking me with a song [♪Oceans♪] from Sunday. How big my smile. And settled my heart.


♪You call me out upon the waters The great unknown where feet may fail And there I find You in the mystery In oceans deep My faith will stand And I will call upon Your name And keep my eyes above the waves When oceans rise My soul will rest in Your embrace For I am Yours and You are mine♪


Thank You Father. Yes. Thank and praise You.


It’s been a fairly chaotic several months. Lots of tosses and turns. Our only firm foundation being You. And in Truth, isn’t that as it is supposed to be?


Mm, following potential hymns [♪The Church’s One Foundation♪; ♪How Firm a Foundation♪] into Your Word I sit here amazed. Yes Lord.


One moment I’m singing about the instability of our feet in deepest waters. Where Your grace abounds. And the very next I’m reminded of the firmness of Your foundation.


I love You Lord. Thank You for the ways You sing to me. Getting my attention fully on You.


1 Corinthians 3:10-15 speaks of our divine foundation. The Life Recovery Bible offers this comment.


3:13-15 Many of us struggle with denial because the truth is so painful. We avoid the truth about our sins so we won’t have to make difficult changes in our life. But no matter how much we hide from our mistakes, in time they will come back to haunt us.”


Holy God, this is exactly the work You have been doing in this household this past month. Thank You Lord.


Continuing. “Allowing our dependency to continue unchecked will lead to painful consequences [it did!]. Here we are reminded that those consequences continue into eternity. A day of reckoning will come! Have we put our life in God’s hands? As we turn our life over to Him, He will help us build on a solid foundation. When the day of reckoning arrives, we will still be standing.”


Thank You Lord. Thank You for not taking Your hand away from us. Ever!


How perfect is the next line of the first song. ♪Your grace abounds in deepest waters Your sovereign hand Will be my guide Where feet may fail And fear surrounds You’ve never failed And You won’t start now So I will call upon Your name And keep my eyes above the waves When oceans rise My soul will rest in Your embrace For I am Yours and You are mine♪


Holy God, how I praise You for Your comfort. Your Truth. Your promises. Your presence.


Being buoyed by time with You, I am asking You to continue Your work in settling me into Your standard. Help me more fully embrace and practice the Truth of Galatians 6:4-5.


Here from The Message. “Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don’t be impressed with yourself. Don’t compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.”


Yes Lord. All of that. Please.


Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(554 words ~ 8:47 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment