Saturday, August 15, 2020

"Living by the Spirit's Power"

 Saturday, August 15, 2020 (6:50 a.m.)

Holy God,


I confess feelings of grumpiness. I feel irksome. Easily annoyed. For no particular reason. Just “off”. Again!


Lord, this is not Your best for me. I know that. So again I turn to You. And You lead and guide me into Your Word. Thank You Father.


1 John 1:9

Proverbs 4:23

1 Thessalonians 5:18


Oh Lord God. You are SO good! Always. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises never change. Thank You for the honor and privilege of coming before You with everything that is in our hearts. Our minds. Our souls. And our strength.


God, You know Your best for each of us. You provide for our every single need. Grumpiness is not it. Your call to us? Sing. Smile. Stand firm. And stay our minds on You.


Again I confess. It’s harder than it looks. Old habits run deep. Thank You that You are so much greater than our every annoyance and care.


Blessed, Holy God, I come to You asking You to change my outlook. My heart.


Sitting up straighter. Feeling lighter. “Living by the Spirit’s Power” (Galatians 5:16-26) I am actively seeking You. Your will. Your way.


Thank You that You promise to be found by us when we look for You in earnest (Jeremiah 29:13). I seek You Lord. Asking that I would truly ‘live now by the Holy Spirit, following the Holy Spirit’s leading in every part of my life’ (Galatians 5:25).


As I sing out the Truth that ♪Your Love Never Fails♪ I ask You to lead me well. Exactly through all the complicated steps You have choreographed for us.


The Message helps broaden my smile as my mind and heart agree with Paul’s words to the churches of southern Galatia. “Since this is the kind of life we have chosen. The life of the Spirit, let us make sure that we do not just hold it as an idea in our heads or a sentiment in our hearts, but work out its implications in every detail of our lives. That means we will not compare ourselves with each other as if one of us were better and another worse. We have far more interesting things to do with our lives. Each of us is an original. (vs. 5: 25-26).


Illustrated Bible Handbook spells out, “Law only stands against sin, and the Spirit produces goodness. The Christian life, then, does not focus on rules but on relationship. Our goal is not to practice do’s and don’ts, but to love God, and to please the Holy Spirit who guides us and enables us from within.”


Yes! Embolden and enable me in living this day through the power of the Spirit’s leading. Yes! Joyfully. Not grumpy.


Praise You Father. Thank You. I love You. Use me exactly as You know is best. Following the Spirit every step of the way. Thank You. I love You. Amen.


(496 words ~ 7:58 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment