Monday, June 8, 2020

"You are God and You are good"

Wednesday, June 3, 2020 (6:17 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
Holy God,

I’m confessing to being here in person. Not spirit.
(6:30 a.m.)

So I’ve changed my view. Turned the chair around. Facing the lake. Watching the birds. Asking You Father, come into my hurting heart.

Yes Lord. Come into my heart. And change it.

Until then I’m going to experiment. By sitting in the sadness. I don’t know that I’ve ever done this before.

Instead of rushing around trying to feel better, I’m going to sit. Ponder. Take in the sadness. Feel it. Embrace it. Make friends with it. Trusting You to know and to provide Your best for me.

You bless us. Repeatedly. You keep us.
(7:22 a.m.)

Now, finally, a smile. An absolute, “You are God and You are good” smile. Complete with tears. And HOPE! Thank You Father. Praise You!

The book of Ezekiel. Nothing trite or clichéd. No. Chapter 36. Promises of restoration. But first? Judgment. And discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment