Monday, June 8, 2020

remembrances

Friday, June 5, 2020 (6:41 a.m.)
Tahoe Vista, CA
Holy God,

Thank You Lord. Thank You for the things we get to see in nature. Right now? A goose with an injured leg. We’ve watched it all week Lord. Prayed for it. Longing to help. Knowing we can’t.

Is it getting stronger? Is it even the same one? We have no way of telling. They tend to all look the same.

Thank You Father, that You know each and every single one of Your children. You know our hurts. Our struggles.

Thank You for the past two days, filled with tears. And for waking this morning with an immediately recognized song. ♪Well I ain’t complaining About the way things are Not too long ago life was oh so easy no When it seems so far What I wouldn’t do to make the old days new♪

Yes Lord. It’s an easy song to sing. Remembrances of times long past

And just like that a different song. Hezekiah Walker singing at the funeral of George Floyd. And here come the tears again. Falling freely as my voice joins those from yesterday having “some church for a little while.”

Oh most Dear and Blessed God, how I ask You to turn these cries of a hurting nation into something beautiful. Let there be unity Lord. An absolute UNITED States of America as never has been seen before!

You can do this Lord. You can do it all!

♪Every Praise is to our God Every word of worship with one accord Every praise every praise is to our God Sing hallelujah to our God Glory hallelujah is due [to?] our God… God my Savior God my Healer God my Deliverer Yes He is, yes He is♪

Oh most dear and loving God. You know Your best. You know Your plans. You know. And our job is to trust You. Honor You. Glorify You.

Truly Lord, I ask You to be glorified in this day. This day that You have made (Psalm 118:24). This day in which we are to “rejoice and be glad.” Sad often comes easily to me. Glad takes work.

Work that I am asking You to do in, with, by, through and for me. I love You God.

As I choose remembrances this day Lord, let them be of Your Son’s selfless sacrifice on our behalf (1 Corinthians 11:21-30). He paid the ultimate price that none of us could afford, or deserve.

Work in each of us that we would come together in honoring You. We do love You Lord. We need You. Oh how desperately we need You. Do all You must Lord. All that You know is best.

Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.
(466 words ~ 7:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment