Friday, June 19, 2020

HOPE

Friday, June 19, 2020 (5:50 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You.


There was sleep. And then there wasn’t. There was more. And here I am.


Thank You Father that even in what seemed a fairly interrupted night I could turn my thoughts. To You. Thank You that You do indeed “work the night shift” (Ron Mehl).

(7:00 a.m.)


I’m confessing emotional exhaustion to You right now. Highs. Lows. Hope. Oh! There it is! At 12:40 this morning I came across Hebrews 10:23.


It’s found right under A Call to Persevere. Reminding us “to live together in light of all Jesus has done as high priest and as a sacrifice” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).


Reading the verse again, Your peace washes over me just as it did all those hours ago. “Without wavering, let us hold tightly to the hope we have, for God can be trusted to keep His promises.”


Oh, Hallelujah Jesus! Yes. I said the very same when I first read it after midnight.


Turning to The Message, my reading begins with verse 19. Right under the heading “Don’t Throw It All Away So, friends, we can now - without hesitation - walk right up to God, into ‘the Holy Place.’ Jesus has cleared the way by the blood of His sacrifice, acting as our priest before God. The ‘curtain’ into God’s presence is His body.”


What a privilege Lord. Thank You.


“So let’s do it - full of belief, confident that we’re presentable inside and out. Let’s keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps His word. Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching” (22-25).


Summarizing the comments for 10:19-25 in The Life Recovery Bible again I recognize our privilege. It’s because of all Jesus did that we get to enjoy this hope for the future. Again I thank You.


Here I ask You to work in me this day. With, by, through and for me. Using me as only You know is best. Be glorified in all we think, say and do. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(377 words ~ 9:10 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment