Saturday, June 20, 2020

amused

Saturday, June 20, 2020 (6:09 a.m.)

Holy God,


The day has already not gone as I had planned. Another unpleasant surprise was left by our aging pet.


Thank You that even as I began expressing my woe to You, it was immediately replaced with a smile. Remembering the phrase “Nothing will go right today so I will relax and be... ?” ... Amused! I was truly able to do exactly that. Relax. And be amused.


Here’s an even bigger smile. Given to me as I searched Your Word.


While normally rephrasing “relax be amused” to “rejoice and be glad” (Psalm 118:24) this morning I wanted to see what You have to say about being amused. Oh Blessed God, You do not disappoint!


Psalm 2:4, “But God in heaven merely laughs! He is amused by all their puny plans.”


And here I smile again. Remembering the Truth found in writing our plans in pencil and giving You the eraser, I turn once more to James 4:14-15.


“How do you know what will happen tomorrow? For your life is like the morning fog - it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. What you ought to say is, ‘If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.’”


Just thinking about You laughing and being amused at our puny plans helps me put our inconveniences into better perspective. Surprises are going to happen. They aren’t all going to be pleasant.


This is where I turn once more to the apostle Paul’s having “learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:12-13).


Yes Jesus. You give us strength to power on. Being amused, while amusing Our Father.


Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me that I will truly come to glorify and enjoy You this day and forever. I love You. I need You. I long to be amused. Relaxed. Rejoicing. Glad. Delighted. Especially as things don’t all go as I have planned.


Praise You. Thank You. Hallelujah Jesus. Amen.

(371 words ~ 7:33 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment