Monday, June 15, 2020

I'm wanting

Monday, June 15, 2020 (6:42 a.m.)
Thank You God,

I just smiled at the even numbers in the time. Numbers. Even. Reverse consecutive order. Holy God, is there a specific reason that these things matter to me?

Father, I come to You this morning wanting to be different. Wanting to be able to let things go. Wanting…
(7:26 a.m.)
Yep. That’s what it is. I’m wanting.

Wanting You. Your will. Your way. Your love.

And I get another smile. Lord God, You are so very good to us.
(8:40 a.m.)

Yes Father. I’m wanting to love as You would have me love. You, with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30) and my neighbor as myself (31). I look to You Blessed God.

I continue getting in my own way, Lord. Mmm… because I persist in wanting my own way! Keep working in us most holy God. Aligning our wills and ways with Yours!

This morning I've intentionally turned to Romans 13:8-10. And quite subliminally arrived at chapter 4; verses 7-8’s quoting of Psalm 32:1-2.

(9:58 a.m.)

“Oh, what joy for those whose rebellion is forgiven, whose sin is put out of sight! Yes, what joy for those whose record the LORD has cleared of sin, whose lives are lived in complete honesty!”

Oh yes Dear Father, let that be me. Rebellion forgiven. Sin out of sight. Joy. Record cleared. Life lived in complete honesty. Oh yes Lord. Yes!

♪… to Your will and to Your way Yes, Lord, yes! I will trust You and obey. When Your Spirit speaks to me, with my whole heart I’ll agree. And my answer will be yes, Lord, yes!♪

Thank You for Your continued work in changing my heart. My soul. My mind. Even my strength. 

Thank You for once more reminding me that: I am truly powerless over my dependencies, causing my life to become unmanageable (Step 1 of 12). You are the Power so much greater than myself who can restore me to sanity (Step 2). And I can decide to turn my will and life over to Your care (3).

I do Lord! I recognize my need of You. Angry, bitter resentment has no place in Your love.

Oh Your goodness Lord! Your absolute perfect goodness!!!

Turning again to reread Romans 13:8-10. This time I saw the asterisk after verse nine. Lev. 19:18.

Truly Father You are so very good to us! Leviticus 19:18. “Never seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.”

Keep teaching me Dearest God. I truly AM a work in progress!

I love You Blessed Father. I need You. I can do none of this on my own. Continue Your work of weeding out all that You know is not necessary.

(11:18 a.m.)

Yes Father. ‘Cut off every branch that doesn’t produce fruit, and prune the branches that do bear fruit so they will bear more fruit’ (John 15:2). Yes, Jesus, ‘You are the vine, we are the branches. Those who remain in You, and You in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from You we can do nothing’ (5).

I’m wanting to be fruitful Lord.

And just like that [snap!] the comment (15:1-8) at the bottom of The Life Recovery Bible tells me, “God desires that our life be like the fruitful branches of a grapevine. The only way to be fruitful is to remain connected to Jesus, the Vine, and to allow God, the Gardener, to prune our life to stimulate growth and fruitfulness.” Yes! Father, yes!

“It is God’s cultivating, weeding, and pruning in our life that brings forth spiritual fruit, character development, and progress in recovery. Just as sustenance for the desired fruit comes through the vine, so fulness of life comes through faith in Jesus Christ. We need to stay close to Jesus, the source of power and practical help for recovery.”

Yes. Yes. Yes! Keep me deeply connected to Your loving power. Healing and using us as You alone know is best.

I love You. I need You. And I ask You all this in Jesus’ most precious name. Thank You. Amen.
(706 words ~ 11:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment