Saturday, June 27, 2020

regeneration

Saturday, June 27, 2020 (6:57 a.m.)

Holy God,


Good morning. Thank You for rest. Sleep. Hard work. Regeneration.


There’s a word I wasn’t expecting. Oh but it leads me right where I want to be in Your Word. Titus 3:5. The Voice.


Beginning with verse 4, “But then something happened: God our Savior and His overpowering love and kindness for humankind entered our world; He came to save us. It’s not that we earned it by doing good works or righteous deeds: He came because He is merciful. He brought us out of our old ways of living to a new beginning through the washing of regeneration; and He made us completely new through the Holy Spirit, who was poured out in abundance through Jesus, the Anointed, our Savior.”


Blessed Lord, how I thank You for the ways You take one single word and teach me so much of what I long to know. While still awaking earlier I remembered that I am a human BE-ing, not a human DO-ing. I didn’t need to jump up and rush into the plans I had set for myself.


Instead I could consider being: loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle and self-controlled (Galatians 5:22-23) toward myself as well as others. Qualities that are produced by the Holy Spirit controlling our lives.


Thank You God. Thank You for every reminder You provide that it is YOU who is in charge. Line me up according to Your will for me this day. Neither over or under doing. Truly being Your child. Fully aware of the joy You would have us experience this day.


Reading The Life Recovery Bible comment for Titus 3:4-8 I am reminded that it is Your grace which “takes us off the performance treadmill, relieving us of the need to measure up to God’s standards. Some of us have spent our life trying to measure up. We bear the guilt of failing the unrealistic ideals of our parents, teachers, or bosses.”


As I continue to the end I am told again that You “accept us just as we are.” You don’t “expect us to be perfect.” It is You who ‘calls us to holy living… providing the power and direction we need to build a new life.’


Father, how I thank You. Use me this day exactly as You know is best. Truly regenerated. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(409 words ~ 8:17 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment