Tuesday, June 16, 2020

dispassionate

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 (5:09 a.m.)

I woke up with a word Blessed God and I don’t know if its from You. Will You speak with me this morning about being dispassionate? Is this an avenue You’d have me explore?
(6:57 a.m.)

Although I’ve long known of the root word passion it wasn’t until looking further into it just earlier that I am learning more. “Middle English: ...from Latin pati ‘suffer’.”

From there? Compassion, ‘suffer with’. Impassion, im- (expressing intensive force).

Holy God, here again. Words mean so much!

“passion        1 strong and barely controllable emotion.
           2 (the Passion) the suffering and death of Jesus.”

Which brings me all the way back again to that first word this morning. Dispassionate.

Father, I long to be the woman You created me to be. One, I believe, who is “not influenced by strong emotion, and so able to be rational and impartial: she dealt with life’s disasters in a calm, dispassionate way.”

Is this something that You have for me? That I would learn to handle disturbances calmly. Without taking circumstances personally and so deeply to heart?

You know Your plan for me Dear Lord (Jeremiah 29:11). The plan to give me a future and a hope.

The Life Recovery Bible comment for this Truth tells us, “… Our challenge is to act on that knowledge [that You want to bless us]. In recovery we are to pray for knowledge of God’s will and the power to carry it out… We can begin the process by recognizing how helpless we are against our dependency and entrusting our life into God’s powerful yet loving hands…”

That’s me Lord! Trusting that You know and will do all that is best. In, with, by, through and for each of us.

Work in me this day Lord that I will truly love You, others and myself (Mark 12:30-31) as You desire.

I love You. I thank You. And I ask You. Do all You must. Thank You. Amen.

(338 words ~ 7:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment